Disconnect Battery

nickbrown_500

Dec 6, 2009
Nottingham
Just wanted to check, if anyone knows when disconnecting the battery.

Does everything just power up as normal once re-connecting?
Just want to check I wont mess anything up before disconnecting.

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
I recently had to disconnect the battery on my 2018 FR. When it was reconnected I got loads of fault codes... ECS, Front assist not available, TPMS not available, steering angle sensor and a couple of others on Obdeleven. None of which could be cleared.
After my initial panic I took it for a drive and it seemed to recalibrate and everything is fine now. Cleared faults on obdeleven, rescanned and all clear.
The Infotainment all seemed OK. Though the ambient/instrument lighting came on at full brightness.

Apparently the turning of the steering fully left and right sorts things out.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Mr Pig and Walone

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
You will get some errors shown on the dash, they should go away after a bit of driving. The errors will be stored in the various ECU's.

andycupra

status subject to change
disconnect battery and leave for a while before doing this work. (some say an hour)

also, the main issue with battery disconnection is the radio. some cars i've not had an issue, but others expect the radio code on reconnect. so make sure you have this :)

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
disconnect battery and leave for a while before doing this work. (some say an hour)

also, the main issue with battery disconnection is the radio. some cars i've not had an issue, but others expect the radio code on reconnect. so make sure you have this :)
Mk3 Leons don't have radio code, it uses component protection which links the radio to the VIN.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members