Display screen for infotainment system gone blank

tsmiggy

Feb 12, 2007
Leicestershire
Seat Leon 2015 FR 184

Just got into the car and media system blank.Radio station playing,but none of the buttons do anything.Anyone else had this issue,I am wondering if i remove the fuse,this will reset it.But i do not know which fuse it is.Any one had this issue or know of a remedy.Tried the obvious turning ignition on and off.

Cheers

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Seat Leon 2015 FR 184

Just got into the car and media system blank.Radio station playing,but none of the buttons do anything.Anyone else had this issue,I am wondering if i remove the fuse,this will reset it.But i do not know which fuse it is.Any one had this issue or know on a remedy.Tried the obvious turning ignition on and off.

Cheers
Turn the car off and lock it and leave it for 30 minutes you’ll probably find it’s working again.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
With the infotainment units in VW’s, you can perform a reset without removing the fuse. With the unit turned on, press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds. The unit will power down, reset itself and power back up (keep the power button pressed while it’s doing this). Just did this in my VW this afternoon, as I lost my Bluetooth connection and a reset restored it.

I’m assuming the same reset procedure applies to the infotainment unit in the Leon.

Reactions: Rooster

tsmiggy

Feb 12, 2007
Leicestershire
With the infotainment units in VW’s, you can perform a reset without removing the fuse. With the unit turned on, press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds. The unit will power down, reset itself and power back up (keep the power button pressed while it’s doing this). Just did this in my VW this afternoon, as I lost my Bluetooth connection and a reset restored it.

I’m assuming the same reset procedure applies to the infotainment unit in the Leon.

I have left it for a hour or so,and still blank,i did read about the reset and i have tried that,but again did not work.Does anyone know what fuse it is,as i assume that would be a hard reset.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I have a black screen multiple times but it has always come back on when I removed the ignition key then restarted the car. Despite this happening well within warranty and the dealer seeing the problem Seat refused to fix it.

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016
There are two fuses you can try.
Fuse 10 - Display unit of control unit for front display and information control panel J685.
Fuse 12 - Control unit for information electronics J794.

Fuse 12 is the 20 Amp fuse on the top row of the internal fuse box. Fuse 10 is the 5 Amp fuse two places to the left. Fuse 11 may not be present.

J794 is the control unit in the glove box. J685 is the display unit

tsmiggy

Feb 12, 2007
Leicestershire
There are two fuses you can try.
Fuse 10 - Display unit of control unit for front display and information control panel J685.
Fuse 12 - Control unit for information electronics J794.

Fuse 12 is the 20 Amp fuse on the top row of the internal fuse box. Fuse 10 is the 5 Amp fuse two places to the left. Fuse 11 may not be present.

J794 is the control unit in the glove box. J685 is the display unit
Thankyou for that.
I have tried it again this morning,but still blank.If i remove the fuses to try to reset it,is the unit coded do you know.

Cheers

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Thankyou for that.
I have tried it again this morning,but still blank.If i remove the fuses to try to reset it,is the unit coded do you know.

Cheers
There is no radio code as such, so if you disconnect power it will not need a code to be entered.