Planned Infotainment Lifespan/Support

Feb 18, 2024
Has there been anything from the VAG group regarding how long the current/new Infotainment system is planned to be supported for?

I only ask as now that everything including the heater / climate controls, Park assist, drive modes etc...... are all on the unit rather than having their own buttons/controls if ever there is a failure of the screen then you've lost any way of warming or cooling the car etc.... My current Superb II (In the process of looking at Formentors) has one of the Columbus units (RNS510 in VAG world) and i had to replace the unit with a second hand one when the car was around 9 years old due to the main board failing. The replacement was a newer unit with DAB and was only about 3 years old when i got it.

I know the RNS510 units haven't been supported or given nav maps for a few years now but as it's just what you might call an old-ish school HU that is used for media and nav and doesn't stop you using the heater/climate controls and parking sensors/park assist etc...... if it fails it's not too big an issue and can obviously just be replaced with a 3rd party unit if need be.

What's the plan for the future for the infotainment unit? I'm hoping the support life for them is going to be longer than previous HU support life has been?

Reactions: Metalogic
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.