Infotqinment system

Chromedome

Apr 12, 2023
Hi all.

So today i go my mk 4 leon back from the seat dealer having dropped it off 24 hours earlier to get my glitchy infotainment system updated. I was having some issues with occasional blank screen, inbuilt satnav not loading, phone disconnecting and google maps not loading through android auto. They claimed it was on the latest software available so they performed a factory reset. The occasional issues i've had will remain to be seen if they're resolved but my google maps are still not activating though android auto. I was given a 23 plate arona as a courtesy and it was nice to see how my system should work. They claim to have done all they can as they have found no malfunction or issues. I am now getting to my wits end. The car itself is brilliant and mechanically sound but arrrrggghhh!!!! Anyone else had similar problems?

Last edited:

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
Hi all.

So today i go my mk 4 leon back from the seat dealer having dropped it off 24 hours earlier to get my glitchy infotainment system updated. I was having some issues with occasional blank screen, inbuilt satnav not loading, phone disconnecting and google maps not loading through android auto. They claimed it was on the latest software available so they performed a factory reset. The occasional issues i've had will remain to be seen if they're resolved but my google maps are still not activating though android auto. I was given a 23 plate arona as a courtesy and it was nice to see how my system should work. They claim to have done all they can as they have found no malfunction or issues. I am now getting to my wits end. The car itself is brilliant and mechanically sound but arrrrggghhh!!!! Anyone else had similar problems?
I've had that issue after an update at the dealer. Basically, I lost every function including ambient light options, maps not loading, DCC options, etc. Took the car back to them and they said they forgot to "reconfigure the car".

Check out my post here and see if you have similar issues. A lot of people encountered this problem.

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
Hi all.

I've had that issue after an update at the dealer. Basically, I lost every function including ambient light options, maps not loading, DCC options, etc. Took the car back to them and they said they forgot to "reconfigure the car".

Check out my post here and see if you have similar issues. A lot of people encountered this problem.

Last edited:

Kernow13

May 22, 2021
Hi all.

Like you my Seat Leon mk 4 was a joy to drive mechanically and I had such high hopes for it, but the infotainment system is just a awful and has been from day-one. Pop-Pop noises from unit, constant SOS+take to workshop, Stay in Lane, Exceeding speed Messages, Auxillary Heating on, Radio Off, Sat Nav recalculating continuously, Constantly asking 'How may I help?' telling you to change settings - put car into drive - when driving!! - all in all unacceptable and I have to say Seat will not be winning Customer Services of the year - this year. Cars are items covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - if they have repaired it, but the issue remains - take the car back.

Seatboi

Apr 13, 2023
I get my new FR sport next month, and I'm praying to the gods that most of these, past few years, issues are mainly resolved. Seen some really annoying issues posted on here ! :-(
Like you my Seat Leon mk 4 was a joy to drive mechanically and I had such high hopes for it, but the infotainment system is just a awful and has been from day-one. Pop-Pop noises from unit, constant SOS+take to workshop, Stay in Lane, Exceeding speed Messages, Auxillary Heating on, Radio Off, Sat Nav recalculating continuously, Constantly asking 'How may I help?' telling you to change settings - put car into drive - when driving!! - all in all unacceptable and I have to say Seat will not be winning Customer Services of the year - this year. Cars are items covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - if they have repaired it, but the issue remains - take the car back.