Antera

DIY Active TMPS MQB-Evo

Antera

Antera submitted a new resource:

Retrofit Active TMPS MQB-Evo - Made by vcds-coding.nl

I was looking for some upgrade for my Leon en found something it doesnt have from factory but want to try it on my car.

I found a kit with a active TMPS reciever and 4 sensors for in the wheels.

TMPS Set

Doesnt look to hard to install so i did give it a go. It worked on previous models so why not on my car.

Ordered the parts and start fitting all in the car. This was not that easy as i tought at first. First connected them to the DCC canbus wires but the module wasn't visible. First i tought i have a bad module en looked for a second hand one to try iff that is the problem. It wasn't. .

So i need to look for another solution. Because this is never mounted on a Leon i have to find out where the canbus wires need to be connected. Download a few wiring diagrams from other cars to figure it out. It took me a while to see why it wasnt working. The canbus was connected to the wrong Canbus wires and i need to connect the wires at the gateway on the right wires.

The canbus wires need to be connected on the right canbus wires wich are comming from the gateway or else it wont work.

After i finialy have time to do so i connected them to the wires at the gateway and finaly i found the module with vcds/odis. Now we are there. Now putting in the right dataset for my car to get it all working. I wanted to select wich load the car have with wich pressure in the wheels. Started some coding to get it al visible and the car needs to now its now active TMPS and not anymore with the ABS Sensors.

And see the results :love:

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaxolo

Antera

I tryed that but wont didnt work on Golf 8 and Leon. I think because off the TMPS module it wil search for the sensor by radio signal. Iff you dont tell it where de sensors are located with wich partnumber it wont work. Its all in the Dataset you have to load in the TMPS module and give the sensor id in where it is.

Or thit i do something wrong or need to drive for xx miles?

I will try when i put my wheels from front to back in the summer to see iff the sensors are found on the right position then. Should it be giving in 1 time maybe @East Yorkshire Retrofits and then it will find them on the right position?

Kaxolo

Dec 23, 2021
Even if the sensor are identified automatically, I guess you still need code the specifications? So you really need VCDS or something similar? I guess is not possible to do just with OBD11?

Even if the sensor are identified automatically, I guess you still need code the specifications? So you really need VCDS or something similar? I guess is not possible to do just with OBD11?
You need to generate a dataset for the vehicle's tyre information, this can be uploaded with ODIS/VCP/VCtool/Idex

Obdeleven can be used to code the ABS/Gateway/infotainment unit/cluster but you'd need the above to upload the dataset

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.