Do you know how high Your REVO map settings are?

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
HI,
I bought my car thinking it was standard but was boosting high so i took it too a revo dealer (MS lough) to see if it was revo'ed and it was! think stage one but he said the settings were pretty low compared to normal, He said it was about level 5-6 out of a possible 9, Probably why i only pushed 235bhp on the dyno. Does anyone know how high their revo sttings are?

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
YEa it was a surprise, the guy didnt say if it was boost or timing but i did some logs a while back and got 0 cf's (which has something to do with timing), not sure if thats good or bad, boost was meeting requested enough so thats good. im guessing the map is on a low setting because it was mapped with no mods at all (how i bought the car), but now ive added a few mods to it so maybe the map could be turned up without problems?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
So a stage one map also has different levels, i thought it was just stage 2 maps that did and stage one maps were all generic.

REVO is adjustable code for ign and boost on 1.8t's - all stages

REVO Select+ unit will allow you to dial in more or less, and should be done in conjunction with vag-com logging and following KevH "how to guide" in the REVO section, OR, better still, if you are unfamiliar with it, a REVO dealer can do this for you for some nominal pay for their time basis.

regards
bill

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Yes get an sps 3 or select+ as the new ones are called and you can play with the boost and timings as said above.

I think mine is on boost 7 timing 9 with low cf's. But I will probably have to reduce this when it gets warmer as this was with very low intake temps.

There is a couple of programs where you can take it beyond 9 too, but unless you know what you're doing I wouldn't bother.

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
REVO is adjustable code for ign and boost on 1.8t's - all stages

REVO Select+ unit will allow you to dial in more or less, and should be done in conjunction with vag-com logging and following KevH "how to guide" in the REVO section, OR, better still, if you are unfamiliar with it, a REVO dealer can do this for you for some nominal pay for their time basis.

regards
bill

Yes he offered to adjust the map for me for labour costs which i think im goin to do now as i dont have a revo select+. He seems to think he can get more performance out of it with an adjustment because mine is a lower setting than they would usually use on an LCR. just wondering why the original mappers set it to a low level maybe the lack of mods or a problem with engine.

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
I've got Revo and the Select + switch, but ive never changed the settings.

Can someone just explain the timing setting to me? I think its currently on 6. How will altering this effect how the car drives? The simpler the explanation the better please?! :p

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I've got Revo and the Select + switch, but ive never changed the settings.

Can someone just explain the timing setting to me? I think its currently on 6. How will altering this effect how the car drives? The simpler the explanation the better please?! :p

Power can be made from advancing timing. (So the explosion in the cylinder happens earlier = more downforce on the piston). The risk is pre-ignition (knock). If you get knock, the ecu will retard the timing.

Better fuel (99 Vpower) allows you to have advanced timing with less risk of knock.

You need to log 020 to look to see what Correction Factors (CFs) you are getting. (Timing retarded because of knock).

Last edited:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I know this is an old thread but what is the software called to read the timing/boost from the ECU via the USB vag-com cable?

It's a free bit of software - can't in the life of me think what it is called though.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members