Do you love or hate the soundaktor?

Sep 24, 2019
I do like the Soundaktor in the Golf R. The Soundaktor in my 290 GPF Cupra sounds very similar but I still find it intrusive. My previous 280 SC Soundaktor was infuriating though!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I know it's a fake sound probably trying to mimic a V8 or a 5 Cylinder but it's a good noise, be deadly if I could replicate it on the Cupra. The Soundaktor units are relatively cheap from the scrappers so I might pick one up from a retired Golf R and see if it works

silles

May 4, 2017
Not as fake as I thought this thing is:
The Soundactor is a piezoelectric speaker. It's playing the actual engine sounds. -- read some sh!t on the internet, must be true :D

anyway, does anyone know the sound levels of the sound aktor in Normal/Sport/Cupra, Like 0%, 50% and 100% ?

Basically If I wanted Cupra mode to sound as Sport mode than what value i'd need in Carista?

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Not as fake as I thought this thing is:
The Soundactor is a piezoelectric speaker. It's playing the actual engine sounds. -- read some sh!t on the internet, must be true :D

anyway, does anyone know the sound levels of the sound aktor in Normal/Sport/Cupra, Like 0%, 50% and 100% ?

Basically If I wanted Cupra mode to sound as Sport mode than what value i'd need in Carista?
Some work like that but not this one, it's obvious to see as when it's in comfort the actual engine sounds nothing like the sound actuator, it's just a pad that vibrates against the shell of the car giving off a noise

Mr Mustard

Jan 24, 2015
South East
Disliked it in the Cupra 280, was just added noise - but loved it in the 1.8 tsi, completely different kind of sporty 'wail'sound.

Our new 2.0 tsi FR has no soundaktor and with the petrol particular filter sounds too muffled & soul-less.

silles

May 4, 2017
Disliked it in the Cupra 280, was just added noise - but loved it in the 1.8 tsi, completely different kind of sporty 'wail'sound.

Our new 2.0 tsi FR has no soundaktor and with the petrol particular filter sounds too muffled & soul-less.

I agree in Cupra mode is too much, it's OK in sport mode. it's actually enhances the engine sound at lower RPMs

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
My first mod was disabling it with Carista so no, don't like it.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
I have turned it off, on, off, on, off now it’s on again. I had it off when I had a res delete as it was too much but now I have the res back in as it was too loud - I have turned it back on again, brings back the memories of driving home when I first picked up the car! But I do agree it’s too much in Cupra mode. You can turn it down on carista, maybe 60% would be a good medium.

jonboy984

Jul 9, 2020
Is there anyway to tell if my car has a soundaktor?

I have a 2015 FR 150 and can't hear anything obvious. Not sure if it has soundaktor and if so, whether it's been turned down, turned off or unplugged.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.