Does anyone have the Milltek twin GT80 quad tips?

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
I'm in the process of ordering a Milltek non res cat back from AMD however I can't find a picture anywhere of it on a car to see before hand. Would be much appreciated if someone who has it installed could share it!

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
I'm in the process of ordering a Milltek non res cat back from AMD however I can't find a picture anywhere of it on a car to see before hand. Would be much appreciated if someone who has it installed could share it!

Saw one at Goodwood and it wasn't to my taste, sure sounded good though! I'll get a picture to you

img_0910.jpg

img_0911.jpg

img_0912.jpg

Sorry, just copy the images to make them right way up

Last edited:

SiR26

Mar 21, 2015
Manchester
I quite like the look although personally I think 4 exhausts on anything below a V8 is excessive.

Also how fat does the focus ST look next to a cupra ??

Last edited:

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
Thanks for the pics. I'm getting them with the black finish and I think they look smart. It may be excessive but I've liked cars with 4 tail pipes since I was a kid so why not ;)

Last edited:

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
I was looking at getting a custom one but AMD said it wouldn't end up being that much cheaper. Not sure if it was just to get the higher priced sail or not. Plus I don't mind paying for quality

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
How much is the exhaust system you're looking into? Fitting included

1200 and then I've been suckered into getting it mapped half price. Gone for the black cerakote tips so a tad more expensive but I like the matte black finish to them. Booked in for third so I'll post pics when it's done. I had a quote for a custom one of around 750-850 but I'm not sure if the quality would be as good and after readino reviews on milltek I'm happy with it.

Last edited:

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Oh my, that's a lot. I've got a mate that paid £750 for a milltek and he's incredibly disappointed as the sound was nothing like he wanted it. He prefers mine. I'd shop around

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
1200 and then I've been suckered into getting it mapped half price. Gone for the black cerakote tips so a tad more expensive but I like the matte black finish to them. Booked in for third so I'll post pics and some details on the map up. Gonna do an rr with a dtuk box then the map+exhaust

Sounds good, please do share on the power difference with these! DTUK only seem to claim 325PS on their website, but the Cupra's output is 300+BHP on dyno's stock.
When I asked DTUK I never got a response

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
Was it on a cupra? The cheapest I could find that exact exhaust was 1111 on the Internet. And do you know if he had a resonated system or not? I've heard resonated ones and they don't sound too different from stock

It'll be dtuk with a vwr600 intake so I think it'll get around 330 tops. Hopefully map will see some improvements

Last edited:

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Was it on a cupra? The cheapest I could find that exact exhaust was 1111 on the Internet. And do you know if he had a resonated system or not? I've heard resonated ones and they don't sound too different from stock

It was a mk2 cupra. Non-res. Also you can get black tips for custom systems. I quite like them too

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
I remember seeing the mk2's were cheaper. Annoying how it's that much cheaper when it's probably the same amount of pipe being used! With standard tips it was around 950ish. Amd also quoted me for cobra and the non res system was 710 so that was pretty good. Didn't like the tail pipes though and didn't get the choice to change

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I remember seeing the mk2's were cheaper. Annoying how it's that much cheaper when it's probably the same amount of pipe being used! With standard tips it was around 950ish. Amd also quoted me for cobra and the non res system was 710 so that was pretty good. Didn't like the tail pipes though and didn't get the choice to change

Is that turbo back? I'm thinking about going full turbo back on my diesel. The mrs is going to start using it during the week to go to work which is only 2 miles away and I fear for dpf issues

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
No just cat back :p when funds permit I'll go turbo back. I'll see how it is and if I'm happy I'll leave it for now. Seen a couple videos on youtube of non res and it sounds nice. I don't do a daily commute in my car as I work offshore so went for the non res however if your Mrs was gonna start using it she may not appreciate the noise. Although milltek claim it doesn't drone

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
No just cat back :p when funds permit I'll go turbo back. I'll see how it is and if I'm happy I'll leave it for now. Seen a couple videos on youtube of non res and it sounds nice. I don't do a daily commute in my car as I work offshore so went for the non res however if your Mrs was gonna start using it she may not appreciate the noise. Although milltek claim it doesn't drone

Cat back only for 1200!!!! Jeez! My custom cat back doesn't drone at all. It's great. Only makes noise when I'm flooring it. And when I'm cruising it's silent. I've got a company car coming next week so won't be using mine half as much

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.