First Seat, looking for your expertise

NXD

Jul 11, 2022
Hi everyone,

My initial apologies as I know these sort of questions have been asked before, many times over, however some conflicting information has led me to post my own.

Little bit of information
So this weekend I will be picking up my first ever Seat after a friend of mine fell in love with his Leon FR.
I have bought a 2018 Cupra ST 300 DSG.

The Question(s).
I have a little money spare to use on the car and was looking to add a few subtle upgrades.
The car already has a REVO intake, however is stock power and not been mapped.
I was looking to put a map on the car however, I am stuck between REVO, Apr and Raceline and was wondering if any of you had experience with any of them, good or bad and expected numbers (bhp). I am told to expect anywhere between 360-375bhp and it will cost anywhere between £500-£700. A follow up question would be gearbox mapping, worth it? Needed?

The second question is to do with the noise.
I have been told they are somewhat quiet cars unless in Cupra mode and I am looking to add a little noise to the performance.
This is where things are a little complicated.
I know someone with a Scorpion exhaust (VW Golf R) and have been told the Miltek (Non-res) is the best option.
Now between the two, do I get a res delete essentially or do I go full cat back and is there much of a difference?
I was told the exhaust is different from the Golf R’s as the Cupra ST has two back boxes either side of the spare tyre, so I need to take that into consideration when buying the correct one, if that’s correct.

Things like Dogbone mount have already been done.

Sorry for the lengthy post, just all a little confusing and want to make the most of this car.

Any opinions are welcome.

Thanks

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
My Cupra hatch has a stage 1 from Quantum, 350bhp, 460Nm. Really good. It cost me £200. I would like a DSG tune too, as it would allow me to use the flappy paddles like one should be able to; the stock box automatically shifts up annoyingly. So I’d recommend that. In terms of the sound, I hate the fake sound that’s pushed through the speakers when in Sport/Cupra mode. I’ve turned that off with an OBD. I can hear the actual engine, turbo and farts now which is way better (farts of my passengers). Not sure if that’s something you’re after. I was looking at an exhaust system myself but then decided against it just due to cost etc. I’ve a Cupra 280 which, I believe, has 2 resonators that would need removing. I’ve added subtle things e.g. wind deflectors, rear wiper delete, larger metal flappy paddles.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
When was you car registered? Is it a pre or post Sep 2018?

If it is a WLTP car with 7Spd DSG/GPF post-Sep 2018 then no mods will provide a decent exhaust sound.

Take a look at this post:

NXD

Jul 11, 2022
My Cupra hatch has a stage 1 from Quantum, 350bhp, 460Nm. Really good. It cost me £200. I would like a DSG tune too, as it would allow me to use the flappy paddles like one should be able to; the stock box automatically shifts up annoyingly. So I’d recommend that. In terms of the sound, I hate the fake sound that’s pushed through the speakers when in Sport/Cupra mode. I’ve turned that off with an OBD. I can hear the actual engine, turbo and farts now which is way better (farts of my passengers). Not sure if that’s something you’re after. I was looking at an exhaust system myself but then decided against it just due to cost etc. I’ve a Cupra 280 which, I believe, has 2 resonators that would need removing. I’ve added subtle things e.g. wind deflectors, rear wiper delete, larger metal flappy paddles.
Thanks for the reply! That makes things a little easier.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
The Revo air intakes aren't cheap, so it's strange to me that it's been put on the car without a remap. Maybe it previously had a plug-in tuning box. I'd contact Revo support, or a Revo dealer, and see if your car has ever been registered for a remap. It could have been Revo remapped and then put back to 'stock' to sell it with a Revo SPS switch. If that was the case, all you'd need is to buy the SPS switch and put it back into one of the performance modes.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise