Quiet exhaust advice

MaverickCoop

Jan 1, 2022
Dorset
I've had my manual 2018 Leon ST Cupra 300 for a few days now. Absolutely love it and drives really well. The only thing that could make me smile a bit more is the exhaust note. Unlike the YouTube videos I've seen, the exhaust is very quiet with absolutely no pops, farts, bangs or sporty notes. I'm not looking for ASBO-level noise and it still needs to pass an MOT etc, it would just be cool to make it sound similar on the outside as it does on the inside with the sound actuator!
Would a Res delete give me a quick and cheap-ish fix? Cheers in advance 👍

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I've had my manual 2018 Leon ST Cupra 300 for a few days now. Absolutely love it and drives really well. The only thing that could make me smile a bit more is the exhaust note. Unlike the YouTube videos I've seen, the exhaust is very quiet with absolutely no pops, farts, bangs or sporty notes. I'm not looking for ASBO-level noise and it still needs to pass an MOT etc, it would just be cool to make it sound similar on the outside as it does on the inside with the sound actuator!
Would a Res delete give me a quick and cheap-ish fix? Cheers in advance 👍
Yea taking off the res will give you more grunty sound you can buy the pipes from eBay for around £100 I think plus labour.

Reactions: MaverickCoop

MaverickCoop

Jan 1, 2022
Dorset
Yeah, I've read something about that. Any pipe manufacturer better than others at reducing drone? If not I don't do too much motorway! 😄

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Have a look at this thread:

@Damo H will probably add a response here soon too.

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
I aint sure mate to me a pipes a pipe lol you can get a vagsport from awsome gti for 150 quid or you can get a zaustworks for 70 quid, the both look same to me but am. No expert haha

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

MaverickCoop

Jan 1, 2022
Dorset
I aint sure mate to me a pipes a pipe lol you can get a vagsport from awsome gti for 150 quid or you can get a zaustworks for 70 quid, the both look same to me but am. No expert haha

Yeah, thinking the Zaustworx is a good option then 👍

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
Can you link me please av search all over and found one company but they dont do em anymore

jdubya

May 30, 2017
South West
For what it’s worth MaverickCoop I fitted the VAGSport res delete pipe from Progressive Parts (who are a site sponsor so you’ll get a discount mentioning the forum) and it gives the exhaust a nice raspy sound - much better than before but not really loud or intrusive 👍

MaverickCoop

Jan 1, 2022
Dorset
For what it’s worth MaverickCoop I fitted the VAGSport res delete pipe from Progressive Parts (who are a site sponsor so you’ll get a discount mentioning the forum) and it gives the exhaust a nice raspy sound - much better than before but not really loud or intrusive 👍
Good stuff, thanks for that jdubya 👍

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
I also have the VAGSport res delete on my GPF equipped, for me its just right, its got a bit louder now its coked up a bit and theres no drone at cruising speeds, you wouldn’t even know it had been changed when driving normally

jdubya

May 30, 2017
South West
@DamoH put up a great diagram outlining the various exhausts on Cupra’s -
1641380913370.png

Might help with understanding which exhaust set up you have - it helped me 😝

MaverickCoop

Jan 1, 2022
Dorset
VAGSport Res delete fitted today! Was a little concerned initially that it didn't sound any different from the inside (even in Cupra mode with sound actuator turned down), however outside of the car it sounds sooooo much better! No drone at all. Very pleased.
I did notice however that as a result the exhaust tips are sticking out a good inch or two more now. Undecided if this looks better or not..... 🤔 (Excuse the dirt!)

Screenshot_20220209-120619_Gallery.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.