Does anyone know this cars previous owner-SD59

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
odd coloured wheels? get your eyes tested :flamed: just coz i wasnt a sheep like you and painted them black.

I think it might be you who need your eyes testing, mine were anthracite not black :lol: No need to get upset is there, they just look dirty when they are not... Then again that splitter might be good in this weather, we need someone to plough the roads ;)

Seat racer

vagcom owner
Jun 7, 2012
renfrewshire
Were does all this hate come from m8, ? iv never once slagged
You off for doing a cupra lookalike have i, atleast i try and
Do my own mods to my real cupra, infact why am i even
Bothering with someone like you? Youve done seat a favour
And bought the car you deserved, enjoy your french pos

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Were does all this hate come from m8, ? iv never once slagged
You off for doing a cupra lookalike have i, atleast i try and
Do my own mods to my real cupra, infact why am i even
Bothering with someone like you? Youve done seat a favour
And bought the car you deserved, enjoy your french pos

:lol: I haven't once slagged you off, I didn't know who's car it was, I was just saying the splitter looks daft ( as has someone else in this thread) and that the wheels appeared oddly coloured ( It might just be the pictures that make them look this way). Like I said there is no reason to start crying about it is there ?
Ooo, when did I say I wanted my car to look like a cupra? Was it badged as one? Infact it never even had one single piece on it that was from a cupra, so your argument has lost all it's credibility right there. :lol: Have a good day. P.S What is a french pos?

Last edited:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
:lol: I haven't once slagged you off, I didn't know who's car it was, I was just saying the splitter looks daft ( as has someone else in this thread) and that the wheels appeared oddly coloured ( It might just be the pictures that make them look this way). Like I said there is no reason to start crying about it is there ?
Ooo, when did I say I wanted my car to look like a cupra? Was it badged as one? Infact it never even had one single piece on it that was from a cupra, so your argument has lost all it's credibility right there. :lol: Have a god day. P.S What is a french pos?

POS (Piece of Sh*t) a.k.a fall to bits

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Ahh, it highlights his lack of knowlege of cars aswell then. The megane came 2nd in the WHICH reliability survey last year. Calling the fastest fwd production car ever to grace a track, a piece of ****, is interesting too :)

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Tbf the Megane has better reliability than the leon mk2 does...

Stop all the hate guys, free speech and that people are entitled to an opinion. Don't get offended if people don't like it.

My mum tells me all the time she hates my car because I've made it look silly! :lol:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire

Stop all the hate guys, free speech and that people are entitled to an opinion. Don't get offended if people don't like it.

My mum tells me all the time she hates my car because I've made it look silly! :lol:

No hate from me I really like the meg. Test drove one before buying the LCr. Cracking handling, not as nice interior, a bit lacking in the straights compared to others. Beautiful looking

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow
Not to put a downer on it......but what about the clutch issue mentioned above?

One of my mates was going to go and look at it the other day.

There was no issue with the clutch on the test drive, I found the biting point perfectly fine. When I spoke with Callum(Seat racer) he said the only thing he had mentioned about the clutch was that he found the biting point a bit too high but as I said earlier I thought the biting point was fine.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
There was no issue with the clutch on the test drive, I found the biting point perfectly fine. When I spoke with Callum(Seat racer) he said the only thing he had mentioned about the clutch was that he found the biting point a bit too high but as I said earlier I thought the biting point was fine.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Calum's car is a fantasitc example. However the clutch "is" at a high biting point and i would bet a few quid will struggle with a map. I can safely say this due to the fact i have had "2" leon mk2's. It's best to know and to maybe get Arnold Shark to cover it;)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Calum's car is a fantasitc example. However the clutch "is" at a high biting point and i would bet a few quid will struggle with a map. I can safely say this due to the fact i have had "2" leon mk2's. It's best to know and to maybe get Arnold Shark to cover it;)

THIS^^^^

I would make a point of telling AC that you want the clutch covered under some sort of warranty (in writing) before you sign the deal. Oh yeah and tell them to remove the ganky sticker from the rear window too.

I have read about standard Cupras killing clutches on here a few times before.

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton

I have no idea why anyone would buy a Renault. Ive had many including a few R26 and 225s, worst cars ever for build quality. I dunno how they are still in business.

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
Because I used to think they would get better but they never changed. My last brand new R26 I had from new before I had hit 3k miles engine had to come out due to failing part, dash had to come out due to a rattle, window regulator went, steering column had to be changed, new seat cover worn away that had to be changed. If I'm paying around 20k for a car I don't expect to have it rebuilt at a dealership after production. And that was just the last one I haven't mentioned the others. They may has well have sent the car flat packed from France and have my local dealership build it.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I believe the new Megane is a lot better, and the new Megane is the one that has better reliability than the leon too.

I sat in one at a dealer and it seemed very nice, although I'm not so keen on the 5dr. If I had a Megane it would have to be the 3dr.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
I have no idea why anyone would buy a Renault. Ive had many including a few R26 and 225s, worst cars ever for build quality. I dunno how they are still in business.

Have to agree there nice looking motor but hideously expensive when they go wrong, example is there prone to electric window faults, which is dealer only part and costs 300 quid just for a switch

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members