Does CUPRA not sell 17 inch rims?

Jun 3, 2023
Hi guys,

I have a relatively new CUPRA Leon 1.5 eTSI 150 HP, and with the winter season approaching I need to get some winter wheels. I currently have 18 inch summer wheels, but I would like to get 17 inch for the cold season.

I approached my local dealer with my request and they told me that CUPRA currently does not sell 17 inch rims, only 18 and 19.
Is that true? Have you had a different experience? I am quite surprised to be honest...

If that is actually the case, what would you guys recommend as good rim alternatives to the original CUPRA ones?

Thank you for you time.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Get some aftermarket 17 inch rims. As long as they fit on the car, should be okay.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
If your preference is OEM alloys, then 17” Mk4 Seat Leon alloys should fit; you’ll also be able to use your existing wheel bolts and your existing centre caps should also fit. You’d just need to check there won’t be a clearance issue with the brake calipers and inner barrel and the rear face of the spokes on the 17” alloy. I assume clearance won’t be an issue as the 1.5 Cupra Leon and Seat Leon probably use the same brake calipers.

17” OEM Seat alloys from the mk2 and mk3 / mk3.5 Leon are also a consideration as they have the same PCD (bolt pattern) and centre bore size as the mk4 Cupra and Seat Leon models. Same consideration apples re. brake clearance, and wheel width in conjunction with offset also needs to be considered - too aggressive an offset on a wide(r) alloy and there are potential issues with the tyres rubbing / fouling the bodywork.

If you’re considering brand new alloys, suggest you speak to your local Seat dealer to see what’s available for the Leon from Seat’s accessory range and the cost. Alternatively, 17” OEM alloys from VW, Audi or Skoda are also an option (again, same consideration re. brake caliper clearance applies), provided they have a PCD of 5x112, a minimum centre bore size of 57.1 and the offset isn’t too aggressive to cause potential rubbing issues - especially if the wheels are wider than your existing alloys. You should be able to use your existing wheel bolts with VW, Audi and Skoda alloys too (not sure if your centre caps would fit all wheel types / styles though).

As you’re planning on using these alloys during the winter months, I’d personally avoid anything with a diamond cut finish as they can be susceptible to white worm corrosion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobcat0110
Nov 28, 2023
20231117_153051.jpg
I i have this for sale

tomek_olo

Cupra Leon ST VZ 2.0 245 DNPA DQ381
Jan 28, 2022
Homologation for my Leon does not take anything smaller than 18" into consideration. Better check with your insurance company ;)

C1800

Jun 2, 2016
Hi, here is table with allowed tyre sizes from my Slovak vehicle registration for "baby" Cupra with 1.5eTSI. Maybe it could help to someone.

tyres sizes.JPG

I bought this ones for my car. I even bought OEM Cupra center caps in shiny black (+-20eur)

image001 (1).png

Final result.

20231102_215930.jpg

Reactions: Bobcat0110
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members