Does my LCR need a new N75??

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Symptom(s):
When I boot my LCR to overtake in 2nd/3rd/4th/5th at, for example, 3000rpm, the revs will shoot up to 3700rpm and for a brief moment there's no oomph, but then everything 'connects up' and it pulls like a train up to 6000rpm.

The clutch is not slipping.

It's been suggested, in another thread, that my LCR ('03, standard map) needs a new N75?

Correct?

Ta :)

Last edited:

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
So what you're saying is there seems to be a small "flat-spot" around 3700rpm?

If so then that could be a few things. Can you get it scanned for fault codes? Can you log stuff with vagcom?

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
So what you're saying is there seems to be a small "flat-spot" around 3700rpm?

If so then that could be a few things. Can you get it scanned for fault codes? Can you log stuff with vagcom?
Thanks for response.

To be more precise, while the revs rise very rapidly from 3000 to 3700rpm (or 2700 to 3400rpm), there's no 'go' - similar to clutch slip* - but once it hits 3700rpm, it takes off.

Alas, I don't have access to vagcom.

*Clutch is not slipping - done various clutch-related tests.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Do the revs rise any more rapidly between those RPM values than below or above? Any particular gear or just all of them?

You could try posting in the vagcom section and see if there's anyone that lives near you who has it and would be willing to help out for some beer tokens. Worth checking for fault codes and doing some logs to see what the car is doing.

I guess it could also be a coilpack on the way out, or your MAF.

joeprice

Symptom(s):
When I boot my LCR to overtake in 2nd/3rd/4th/5th at, for example, 3000rpm, the revs will shoot up to 3700rpm and for a brief moment there's no oomph, but then everything 'connects up' and it pulls like a train up to 6000rpm.

The clutch is not slipping.

It's been suggested, in another thread, that my LCR ('03, standard map) needs a new N75?

Correct?

Ta :)

whats a n75?

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
N75 is a valve which controls the turbo wastegate actuator, basically it's what regulates how much boost the turbo is generating.

Cupra Grant

Aug 14, 2011
I have the same problem when changing gear at part/full load the engine reves will increase by 500 to 700 rpm I had it down to clutch slip never thought it could be the n75 valve

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
What youve said there if your foots off the clutch sounds like clutch slip

+1 one that defo sounds like clutch slip, unless you got wierd clucth pedal switch fault but that only should affect revs rising between gear changes . what test have you done to rule out the clutch ?

Cupra Grant

Aug 14, 2011
+1 one that defo sounds like clutch slip, unless you got wierd clucth pedal switch fault but that only should affect revs rising between gear changes . what test have you done to rule out the clutch ?

This is egsactly what myn does revs rise when changing gear but no slip when say in 3rd at low revs when load is applied

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.