New clutch slipping

Jamie Gallacher

Nov 3, 2019
Around 4 months ago I put a brand new LUK clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder in my cupra r as the previous one was on 90 odd thousand miles and slipping under full load in 4th,5th and 6th. Now 2k miles later the new clutch is slipping again. The car doesn’t get a hard time and is driven carefully but is running 286ftlb. The previous standard clutch lasted around 12k miles after the car was remapped so it is odd to me that this one has failed so soon.
Does anyone have any ideas as to why this has happened again or is it simply too much torque for a standard clutch to hold. Any ideas would be most appreciated.
Many thanks
Jamie

Jamie Gallacher

Nov 3, 2019
No I’m confident the map isn’t the problem it was done by a reputable company on a rolling road and I have the graph to show the numbers. In addition to this the previous standard clutch held up fine with it for a considerable length of time.

Jamie Gallacher

Nov 3, 2019
A local mechanic who seems trustworthy. The problem is I bought the parts and he fitted them for me. Is it possible the pressure plate doesn’t have sufficient clamping force or is from another car with the same gearbox but not rated for the cupra r torque?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.