Dog Bone Mount - Uprated Polyurethane

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
Hi,

Has anyone uprated their dog bone mounts? Reason I ask, I've just had mine done and OMG the vibration is killing me. Above 2k its tolerable but setting off going through 1st and 2nd the whole car rattles, rear window shakes. Turning the car off it feels as if it's jerked forward (like stalling).

The car feels like it puts the power down better, just wondering have any diesel owners noticed this? And does the vibration die down?

Thanks!

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
Wicked thanks JonJay.

Had the porker brakes fitted as well (luckily no spacers required!!!), haven't done any hard driving yet, but I can feel the vibration through the pedal...

Looking forward to it calming down :D

flappy

Ferociously Rapid
Mar 28, 2007
I've been thinking about uprating my dogbone mount as I'm getting a bit of ressonance from the startard one with my MAP having a slightly higher idle

mihaib

Aug 20, 2008
Alba Iulia,Romania
Just uprated the dog bone mount on my FR TDi to Powerflex and I too must say that the vibration is more than I had anticipated...hopefully it will get better in time(only done about 200 km since replacing it).On the positive side,the whole front end seems a lot stiffer and more responsive and traction is also better:happy:.I just hope it beds in before it shakes the car to pieces...:censored:

Toledo_130

lookin into one of these for my toledo... which one does most people go for?? is it worth it?? n weres the best place to get one online

Links please!!

Toledo_130

lol your goin the whole hog then.. ive heard the dogbone stops engine movement and get the power down better..

good for a bita standing start racing.lol

was browsing there and see the powerflex dogbone can be got for approx £20.. anyone got this kit??

Toledo_130

yea i realised that from reading other posts but it wont vibrate excessively.. Will it??

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
i used poly and man it was bad. ended up buying a new oem to replace it. tbh as ive a high mileage car, the new oem made just the same difference in better performance

madmonk

Feb 2, 2004
Worcestershire
I got Jabbasport to fit one of their own uprated "dog bone" mounts when I had my clutch done.

I have had no vibrations at all, well worth it, highly reccomended.

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
i considered this , but dont want big vibrations
how noticable afterthe die down period runs in

at the moment for me i notice it soon as it fires up. on idle is fine to deal with. anything under 2k in any gear is not very nice... have you sat in a car with a massive bass box? it's kinda like that, think of the engine as the speaker and the rest of the car as the box.

fast get aways are fine as your soon over 2k... already i've noticed it's not as bad as two days ago :)

it really has transformed how the car feels (to drive) corners feel more sure footed(if thats possible?) and it hasn't wheel hopped (yet... :headhurt:)

fingers crossed it will be ok, if not OE will do me

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Dont't worry it really will settle down.

It will always seem marginally more vibration than before too (as per chrisuk)

Give it a few weeks and some miles and it should much, much better.

I nearly reverted back to stock because of the vibes but glad to have persisted with it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.