Done a few things this weekend to the Cupra!

Hey folks! So whilst it wasn't amazing weather this weekend - it didn't rain! So thats always a good thing!

I thought i'd do a few things to the Cupra that i've planned since I bought it a couple of weeks back but the weather / parts had taken this time to arrive.

I had the oil and filter changed last week, but thought it change the spark plugs.

Bought some NGK PFR6Q spark plugs.

Very easy job (coil 4 is a pain to get to, but unbolt 2 screws and move the bracket for the big pipe out the way to get to it!

Then I decided to paint the 3 strut bolts on each side of the engine bay, they were rusty, so I painted them silver to match the car! (Not the best paint job but looks better than rust!)

Then I decided to replace the majority of vacuum hose with blue sillicon hosing. I used 3mm, 4mm can be used, but with 4mm it's less tight so would need cable ties on most connections. I used 4mm for the dump valve vacuum to pierburg.
This is very easy just a pain to get to some of the connections, but well worth doing, especially as most of the original hosing was starting to fray/crack.
Some connections need cable tie'ing, others don't.

I then replaced the dump valve with a Forge FMCL007P, and 2 new Hi-Grip jubilee clips to replace the rusty ones on there before.

Fitted the Jetex filter, along with samco elbow. (The Samco elbow needs trimming a lot either end but is an easy job). Filter sounds great!

Today, I replaced the outer temperature sensor in the passenger side wing mirror, not a hard job, but getting the mirror cover off is tricky.
What you need to do is, undo the star headed screw under the mirror flap, then use a small flat head screwdriver to slowly prise the plastic apart, then give it a slight tug, holding the top of the mirror.
Then cut the existing sensor off (as close as possible to sensor so you have more wire to play with, strip back the brown and black wire, cut the new sensor with around an inch of wire left to it, then strip that back, wrap the brown wire with the brown and the black wire with the black, solder then cover with insulation tape.

I also replaced both door handle plastic surrounds as they were scratched! Again, a 5 minute job, the door card does NOT need to be taken off, you do not even need to take any screws off, just need a small flathead screwdriver, take the part surround the door handle off first.

Whilst at it, I replaced the driver side - passenger door mirror switch, as it went up but not down lol, this switch fixed it.

Not got any interior pics yet but this is the engine bay afterwards!

(ignore the white stuff at the front of the engine bay, it's silicone lithium grease I sprayed in the engine bay to protect and lubricate some of the bolts/joints.
I also greased door joints, boot lid/hinges, bonnet hinges, clutch (at the top not the pedal!).

I need a new battery cover! This one has seen better days!:blink:

858683a8.jpg

0eb39a78.jpg

63a91034.jpg

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
looking good that fella! i replaced my door things a week ago, but i also need the surrounds for the door handles as they look crap against the new bits :)

Matt S!

ovni ibiza cupra 1.8T
Apr 9, 2007
stoke-on-trent
TIP and re-map will be the best mods yet I reckon ....

The car will drive completely differently when re-mapped - so much more mid range pull !!

I will be able to get the exact part numbers tommorow mate as I got the wrong ones from SEAT dealer(they gave me LHD ones!) and i'll add them to this thread :)

Matt> I had a revo on my last MK3 it was like night and day difference, couldn't believe it at all! Im gonna get a Jabba map and fit the TIP at same time so hopefully will be a big difference! My friend James (pulsebass on here) has a TIP/remap and it sounds the nuts!

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Looks great dude! What jetex did you go for as I'm going to order mine next week, can't decide between the FC-07003 or FR-07008?

Hey man, thanks, basically the only difference between them is one has a rubber cap, one has a chrome cap on the end! :)

I went for the FC-07003 but Jetex told me they had plenty of the others in stock, and the FC-07003 was due in soon (a couple of weeks ago this was though so probably in stock now).

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Hey man, thanks, basically the only difference between them is one has a rubber cap, one has a chrome cap on the end! :)

I went for the FC-07003 but Jetex told me they had plenty of the others in stock, and the FC-07003 was due in soon (a couple of weeks ago this was though so probably in stock now).

Actually they both have a rubber cap!:p Ones cylindrical and ones conical just not sure what would look better?:shrug: Size wise tho yours looks about what im looking for i think, nice and tight!

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
So you're impressed with the sound? I have a BMC on at the mo which I don't even notice being enclosed, although im not sure which will give better performance??

So you're impressed with the sound? I have a BMC on at the mo which I don't even notice being enclosed, although im not sure which will give better performance??

I used to have a Dynatwise on my old MK3 Cupra, but put it back to standard airbox as I never rated it.
I do rate the Jetex a lot, it seems many on here also have it, including some of the very high BHP ones.

I'd say sell the BMC, get a Jetex, and spend the change on mods or pocket a profit :)

fraz07

nice work mate. i just bought a jetex cant wait to get it fitted !!!!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise