Door and cup holder rubber linings?

Munkie

Jan 16, 2017
Hi

I'll be picking up my new leon in a month or so and read somewhere that pockets in the door, dash etc aren't lined so anything in them rattles.

Just wondering what material you've used to line them?

I searched ebay and see some anti slip dashboard type mats which I could cut to size for the smaller areas.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
I believe the new facelift Leon has little rubber mats in the cup holders now? Hopefully this can be confirmed by someone.

Obviously not door cards

Reactions: GordonMcC

Munkie

Jan 16, 2017
Oh I didn't know that, thanks. I found you can buy larger anti slip Mats on eBay so I'll be able to trim them to size for areas that are just plastic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Julio

Nov 20, 2016
Manchester
You'd be better off buying a roll of the stuff, then cutting to fit, because you'll want to do the glovebox too as that's not lined, just hard plastic so anything in there rattles too.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
I believe the new facelift Leon has little rubber mats in the cup holders now? Hopefully this can be confirmed by someone.

Obviously not door cards

Yes, that's right. I had a quick look at the facelift yesterday as had car in for service. It does have rubber mats in cup holders and front cubby hole etc.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Mats are available to buy. Called storage mat set. Covers cup holders and 3 surfaces in centre arm rest.

Last edited:

AdamC11

Jan 24, 2015
Bolton
Thanks kiddo.

You don't know how much they are by any chance and also any pictures of the set?

Cheers

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Mine were approx £25 posted from sere motors via this forum. No pics to hand but can take some of mats fitted if you like?

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
They are spot on, i was surprised how well they fit and they are barely noticeable, happy with them. Finally quiet in the car. They fit all 5F models.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.