Door Chime

Feb 10, 2019
Can I check it is normal for the door chime to come on only when the ignition is on, but the engine stopped? I thought it is a bit odd that the car doesn't warn you if you open the driver's door with the engine left running as well.

Feb 10, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Do you get the same ignition on warning message on the dash with the engine running? Mine reverts to the open door graphic when the engine is running, and no door chime. Any idea what is broken?

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
Mine (a 2017) does not chime when the engine is on, but does chime when the ignition is on and the door is opened.

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Mine (a 2017) does not chime when the engine is on, but does chime when the ignition is on and the door is opened.
Can't check mine as I've switched the chime off with OBD11. However, I think the logic is that the chime is to remind you to take the key so its not necessary if the engine is running.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Thanks for your reply. Do you get the same ignition on warning message on the dash with the engine running? Mine reverts to the open door graphic when the engine is running, and no door chime. Any idea what is broken?
The ignition on warning only comes on when the engine is not running, ie I jumped out after the stop/start kicked in to move my bin to drive into parking space will do it. Should not warn when engine is running.

Feb 10, 2019
The ignition on warning only comes on when the engine is not running, ie I jumped out after the stop/start kicked in to move my bin to drive into parking space will do it. Should not warn when engine is running.

Just tested this. All good, cheers.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise