Door speaker help

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Happy Easter boys an girls,
I upgraded my door speakers to hertz uno coaxles they have their own built in tweeters and when I fitted them I unplugged the oem tweeters, the car has come back from the garage and they have plugged the oem back in, will this be OK or do I need to unplug the oem ones. Don't want to strip door cards off again. Thanks

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
To be fair I can't really tell much difference, doesn't seem distorted just don't want to overload the system I'm sure the it won't as they ain't power full oem tweeters, the hertz speakers are good though glad I put them in.

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Iirc (NB I could be wrong) the OEM tweeter is fed from the OEM main speaker so as long as you don't have that then the OEM tweeter isn't connected to anything

Reactions: Dazzalcr

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
I thought the standard Leon speakers were pretty good,

A least compared to the standard "made in Tunisia", that were in the MK2 Golf. ......................Utter Gash.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Happy Easter boys an girls,
I upgraded my door speakers to hertz uno coaxles they have their own built in tweeters and when I fitted them I unplugged the oem tweeters, the car has come back from the garage and they have plugged the oem back in, will this be OK or do I need to unplug the oem ones. Don't want to strip door cards off again. Thanks
Will be fine to have both plugged in.

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
That is good to know, I agree the oem speakers are fine for factory just wanted something with a little bit more umph and no subs or amps so heard these speakers and they were a nice mix of what I was after and plus one of the oem ones went down so it was a perfect time to upgrade them. Thanks for you replys

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
That is good to know, I agree the oem speakers are fine for factory just wanted something with a little bit more umph and no subs or amps so heard these speakers and they were a nice mix of what I was after and plus one of the oem ones went down so it was a perfect time to upgrade them. Thanks for you replys
No worries mate. I'm about to replace mine after i got too enthusiastic listening to some drum and bass. A hard bassline hit and blew up the passenger door one lol.

Reactions: MoToJoJo

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
No worries mate. I'm about to replace mine after i got too enthusiastic listening to some drum and bass. A hard bassline hit and blew up the passenger door one lol.
Lol well don't forget you will need the adapters and what not for aftermarket, you going coaxial or components not a massive speaker expert at all but components are better for for base aren't they, sound dead your door while your at it makes them rattles do one 😆

Reactions: mty12345

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Don't get caught out by the need for a live aerial co-axial adapter for the roof antenna amp, if you get an aftermarket head unit.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Lol well don't forget you will need the adapters and what not for aftermarket, you going coaxial or components not a massive speaker expert at all but components are better for for base aren't they, sound dead your door while your at it makes them rattles do one 😆
Yeah i'm just deciding if i should get a cheap pair for £30 or splash out on something a bit more expensive.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise