double din with gauges?

bristolsparks

Jun 24, 2009
hi guys,

I have got a LC and was wondering if anyone has a picture of a double din but single headunit and put a few gauges in the gap?

Was thinking about it but would like to see some pics first

cheers

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
dont see why not although it would be expensive!!

If you have a little search about you will see that someone on here (sorry, cant remember your name!) has made a gaugeholder that sits in place of the centre vents, so it is possible in theory. You would need to make a custom holder for the stereo/gauges obviously, and would need some work.

Would be good though!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Pat, UncleFester, started to make a 3 gauge holder in place of central vents.

Double-Din console, if purchased new, will set you back over £300. But you could then easily install a single-DIN HU, and a single-DIN set of gauges, perhaps the Defi-DIN gauge set? (http://www.defi-shop.com/product/din/din_top.html)

Would be very expensive that way, circa £650 for the lot, but would look smart and almost OEM I think.

bristolsparks

Jun 24, 2009
thanks for your advice guys, very helpful

Still unsure what to do, might hav to take the plunge and save,

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
it is a very expensive way of getting 3 gauges just to retain the a pillar or central vent.

What else could you do on your car for 650? suspension? tyres? brakes? Remap? ARBs? all sorts which would arguably be better for the car.

bristolsparks

Jun 24, 2009
i am seeing that now, didnt think it would cost that much at first, now just thinking baout liquid gauge and saving up for something different

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.