Double Din?

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
Hi all,

Had my ibiza since july, and to be quite honest im getting a little bored. I want to spruce things up a little bit, the main way would be to fit an internal computer to the car. The main problem though to me is i have no idea about car audio etc. My job is with computers, and i can handle anything that is thrown my way in that department, but i am a little catious towards damaging my car.

Is the radio bay in the mk5 double din compatible...so i would be able to fit a double din sized monitor in there?

What sized facia would i need?...where would i get this?

Would the volume controls on the stalk still work? (How are they connected?)

Does anyone have any pictures of double din fitted systems in their mk5?

I have a lot more questions, but il just get the first bunch out the way first :p

Thanks everyone :D

evgeni432

Crazy Russian
Nov 12, 2009
Israel
i have a 2 Din system, had it pre fitted by the dealer, you just need the adapter face plate, the wheel controllers don't work, shame, so does the aux in the front of the shifter but the system has its own aux. i will take some pictures later & upload.

evgeni432

Crazy Russian
Nov 12, 2009
Israel
18012010004.jpg

Here is my stereo, Kenwood DDX 5024 with GPS & Bluetooth modules.

does the can bus really work?

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2644947&postcount=2
Just found out the info after half an hour of Googling:

"The new generation Ibiza comes with a great variety of interior design concepts and colours. The entry level Reference version uses Conemara Grey and Azabache Black on the softpad to match the door panels, Carbon Black on the visor, Grafito Grey on the dashboard body and Nano Grey on the ventilation nozzles.

The Stylance trim focuses on Black and Dublin Grey for the passenger softpad, Nano Grey on the visor and the nozzles, and Grafito Grey on the dashboard body.

The range’s sportiest Sport version also features Black and Dublin Grey for the softpad and the area surrounding the ventilation nozzle between the steering wheel and the door, Nano Grey for the visor and air nozzles and Carbon Black for the dashboard body"

Credits to http://germancarscene.com/2008/05/06/in-detail-new-seat-ibiza/

So it's Dublin Grey !

Regards,
Andy

tur8o_boi

Aug 21, 2008
the main difficulty i have at the moment is finding a igntion live, as the two lives on the original wiring block are permanate! can anyone help?

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
next time its a sunny day ill take mine apart, there is one there as i am using it haha, ill get a pic up for you ASAP

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
it is wired up so when the key is turned the amp comes on (i wanted to keep the factory facia and it doesnt have a remote output)

its hard to describe so ill take a picture for you ... easier =]

tur8o_boi

Aug 21, 2008
evgeni432 - did you get your adapter plate from SEAT? if so, by any chance you would have the part no??

evgeni432

Crazy Russian
Nov 12, 2009
Israel
No mate, i ordered it from the dealer, but it's local installation they probable got it from ebay or something.

By the way My ibiza is white too :)

tur8o_boi

Aug 21, 2008
The original hole in the dash is too wide, so headunit sits in there with room to move side to side ( Pioneer AVIC-F900BT)

Also, I bought an Autoleads fascia adapter, stating that it was for DOUBLE DIN and my pioneer wont fit through the fascia. The fascia fouls on the top and the bottom of the headunit.

I am so annoyed at this.

Another thing is, can ANYONE tell me which cable they have used to make the headunit ignition switched?!?!?! DAVE!!! come on mate! :)

boca2010

Aug 19, 2010
The original hole in the dash is too wide, so headunit sits in there with room to move side to side ( Pioneer AVIC-F900BT)

Also, I bought an Autoleads fascia adapter, stating that it was for DOUBLE DIN and my pioneer wont fit through the fascia. The fascia fouls on the top and the bottom of the headunit.

I am so annoyed at this.

Another thing is, can ANYONE tell me which cable they have used to make the headunit ignition switched?!?!?! DAVE!!! come on mate! :)

Bump Bump I'm interested in this also :rolleyes: Thanks! ;)

P1TT8ULL

Jul 3, 2010
loughton, essex
You Need a can bus adapter to do it without splicing the wires. Radio goes off when key is removed but can switch back on manually for a while after but it still retains the auto switch off feature so doesn't drain your battery

P1TT8ULL

Jul 3, 2010
loughton, essex
I can confirm it works 100% with my sony hu just need the patch cable for £10 and the stalk controls will work to do you plan onk doing any other upgrades to your speakers or anything.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I would like to upgrade the speakers more than the head unit. The standard ones are poor!

There is a vid on youtube of a mk5 cupra with a very smart and neat double din unit. Comes up with the cupra logo on start up and everything :D

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
generally speaking, an improved HU with stock speakers will make more of a difference than stock headunit with improved speakers.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.