Down Pipe & De Cat

JamJay

California Bound
The TT one definitely won't, it has different flanges to the LCR. I cannot confirm about the S3 though.

The LCR has 2-bolt flanges apart from the DP to Turbo flange which is 3-bolt. The TT has 3-bolt flanges all the way through.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
The TT one definitely won't, it has different flanges to the LCR. I cannot confirm about the S3 though.

The LCR has 2-bolt flanges apart from the DP to Turbo flange which is 3-bolt. The TT has 3-bolt flanges all the way through.

My downpipe-cat flanges are 3-bolt? only the cat-cat back flange that is 2 bolt?

JamJay

California Bound
My downpipe-cat flanges are 3-bolt? only the cat-cat back flange that is 2 bolt?

Sorry, I mean in terms of upgraded DP such as Blueflame 3" :), it goes from 3-bolt at Turbo, to 2-bolt at Cat/Decat, to 2-bolt at Cat-Back. The OEM one has 3-bolt flanges up until the start of the Cat-Back part.

The only problem I can see with using a TT DP & Cat/Decat is that you'd need to weld a new flange onto the end to match the LCR Cat-Back.

Last edited:

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Sorry, I mean in terms of upgraded DP such as Blueflame 3" :), it goes from 3-bolt at Turbo, to 2-bolt at Cat/Decat, to 2-bolt at Cat-Back. The OEM one has 3-bolt flanges up until the start of the Cat-Back part.

The only problem I can see with using a TT DP & Cat/Decat is that you'd need to weld a new flange onto the end to match the LCR Cat-Back.

Ah no worries Jay; I wouldn't know as I still have standard crap DP!!

JamJay

California Bound
Scorpion are a fairly good brand so it should be ok however, that Decat is to fit onto the OEM DP only, it won't fit onto an aftermarket 3" DP should you buy one at a later date. In plain, it means that if you ever want to go to Stage 2, this decat will be of no use to you as you'll have to swap it for one that fits a 3" single pipe DP.

If you aren't ever planning on going to Stage 2 though, or not for a long time, then this might help free a few extra horses, or at least make the exhaust a bit louder.

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
thanks jam jay. im not running stage 1 yet but i do plan to in the next few weeks, dont think i will go stage 2. what can i do to stop the cel coming on, i no of wayne angle block but is there anything else i can use?

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
I never had the eml light come on during the time I had my de-cat on, altho it prob had something to do with the fact I only screwed the lamba sensor in halfway. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought the lamba can only be mapped out when going stage2

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
QUOTE Thanks very much, compliments always welcome . Get a link to your build up in your sig.

i would do m8 but most my work is done looks wise, and i dont have any pics :( other wise i would have, if only i could turn back time :p

Last edited:

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
All will become clear when you upgrade, I hadn't a clue either until 3wks back.

I see you're going to AMD tomorrow so you're more than welcome to see what an upgraded DO sounds like on an OEM system :)

That'd be good mate. I've just put my cat back on so my car sounds dull again! DP will have to wait for me; just spent out on water/meth kit :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise