dp and cat removal

tackleberry

300+ spanish donkeys yeha
Jun 25, 2005
Ross on Wye
Can somebody please give me some advice. Last week i went to have my downpipe and cat fitted but all 4 of my bolts were seized, So we sprayed wd40/oil on the bolts and repeated it 2 more times over the coarse of a week.
I went back yesterday and bugger me 2 came off but the other 2 were still seized. So he stopped and said if he put any more force in he would snap the bolts off and if they did snap, the turbo would have to come off to correct the problem and would cost £200+:wtf: .
I was wondering is this true or was he speaking bollox or would it be better to wait till i upgrade my turbo to put it on?

adam1

the bolts are likely to snap im afraid, it happened to a friend of mine and the best advise he gave to me was take it to a garage, pay the guy and dont see the car until its finished. apperantly its an arse of o job to do.

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
tackleberry said:
Can somebody please give me some advice. Last week i went to have my downpipe and cat fitted but all 4 of my bolts were seized, So we sprayed wd40/oil on the bolts and repeated it 2 more times over the coarse of a week.
I went back yesterday and bugger me 2 came off but the other 2 were still seized. So he stopped and said if he put any more force in he would snap the bolts off and if they did snap, the turbo would have to come off to correct the problem and would cost £200+:wtf: .
I was wondering is this true or was he speaking bollox or would it be better to wait till i upgrade my turbo to put it on?

thats wot happend to me at blue flame hand to get the turbo re drilled and cost me £200 so yeah hes right mate :cry:

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
adam1 said:
the bolts are likely to snap im afraid, it happened to a friend of mine and the best advise he gave to me was take it to a garage, pay the guy and dont see the car until its finished. apperantly its an arse of o job to do.

the turbo and manny have to come off so they can drill them out at the right angle to put new bolts in its a hole days work and the worst thing is if the manny bolts are seized then thats alot of work :cry: