Dr Colour Chip

P10 GGOT

Well after having my car back for 1 day from the body shop (had to go back for missed items), some muppet has clipped the corner of the rear bumper and back quater. As you can imagin a little :censored: annoyed [:@]

Any way scratches appear to be light and I'm assuming it was done in local supermarket car park at low speed.

I was looking at Dr Colour chip on the stone chips at the front of the car, and apparantly it should cover this work as well. Plus that and darker cars get teh best result so being a black one, I'm hoping it will come out ok?

Has anyone else used this system? any good feed back?

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
I've used this on my Emocion Red LCR. For speckled stone chips and light scratches that dont penetrate down to the metal it works great. From a distance of say 1 foot, its hard to see where I've used it. Only upon really close inspection do you see any marks. its been 6 months since I last used mine and still looks good. I've been well impressed with it as is the missus.

good thing about this system for repairing chips and scratches is that you smear the custom made paint all over the affect area and then buff off with the special solution. So there isnt much skill involved and less time consuming that doing each chip individually.

But i think if someone has scuffed your paint, i think you'll be asking too much for dr colorchip to sort out. I had a 2mm stone chip that it didnt fill up. Anything below 1mm is good i think.

Last edited:

P10 GGOT

Thanks for your feed back, the scratchs are nothing deep, bout 1mm i'd guess and are pretty light.
I think I may give it a try and see how it goes.

Cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.