Driver Mirror Repair

Mar 2, 2023
Scotland
Hi all. Looking for some help with my year old Formentor V2. Someone decided to vandalise my car at wife’s work this week. From CCTV they seem to have punched / hit the driver door mirror. The result being that the whole door mirror (with the exception of the fixed mounting) has been rotated in the opposite direction to the way it electronically folds. (Pic attached).

How do I get it back the the correct way? Do I need to remove the mirror and re-mount? I can’t seem to rotate it far enough in either direction and don’t want to force it in case I cause (more) damage.

I have googled etc and see videos on removing the whole mirror assembly including the mounting point at the base of the mirror. I assume I will need to separate the mirror body from the mounting point and reattach in the correct position, but no idea if / how this can be done.

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• 0013CD46-FAE9-4138-953E-2A9D4A5C3F7B.jpeg
    0013CD46-FAE9-4138-953E-2A9D4A5C3F7B.jpeg
    815.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Wow
Reactions: H Rafiq
Mar 2, 2023
Scotland
Thanks that document was very helpful for understanding the parts and their removal.
Loosened mirror from its mounting and it rotated right back into place. Nothing broken it seems. Thanks.

Reactions: Spivvy
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members