Mirror lower in reverse gear

Sep 19, 2022
I’ve recently took delivery of my formentor v2 dsg, everything seems to be working perfectly fine, however whilst revering the mirror does not lower even tho I have the option enabled in the vehicles setting, anyone else had this issue and how to fix it?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
As above - activate in the settings and the adjuster needs to be pointing at the near side ( passenger ) mirror.

Once the above is done
To set the mirror
engine running - select reverse - adjust the mirror to where you want it to point in reverse.
when you come out of reverse and drive off - the mirror will move back to the normal setting.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I wish the drivers side mirror dropped as well, I kerbed an alloy the other day as I couldn't see the kerb when parking on the right of the road.

Then when it's a cold morning you have to (manually!) turn the switch to heat the mirrors, you forget all about it and then the left mirror doesn't drop when you arrive at your destination!

Just smacks of cheapness but it's been the same on VW group cars for years, right back to our Ibiza Cupra in 2012 and probably before!

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I wish the drivers side mirror dropped as well, I kerbed an alloy the other day as I couldn't see the kerb when parking on the right of the road.

Then when it's a cold morning you have to (manually!) turn the switch to heat the mirrors, you forget all about it and then the left mirror doesn't drop when you arrive at your destination!

Just smacks of cheapness but it's been the same on VW group cars for years, right back to our Ibiza Cupra in 2012 and probably before!
My mk4 Golf back in 2002 didn’t have kerbside mirror dip (I don’t think that function was around back then) but the door mirror heating worked exactly the same as it does now. It’s not the most intuitive, user-friendly method of clearing misted up or frozen door mirrors.

The Vauxhall Astra I owned back in the early 1990’s had a better system for clearing the door mirrors (separate button and an illuminated indicator next to the mirror adjustment control), so it’s high time VAG came up with something better - and not something that can only be accessed via the infotainment screen please!😡

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.