Drivers door creaking

ScoobyD00

Dec 19, 2022
UK
Picked my vz2 310 up last week and love the car. Great driving experience.
Only slight issue I have is a creaking sound from the drivers door when pulling off or braking.
The door is fitting correctly from what I can see. I've tested by having the door very very slightly open and the noise stops.
Its not a rattle or metallic sound but more of a creak.
Wondered if it was the rubber surround on each other rubbing
Anyone else had this noise?
Dealer is a good distance away so hopefully it will bed in

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
If it’s the door then there’s a good chance it’s the door rubber sealing that rubs against the car itself, I’ve had that and I used a VW lube to get rid of it. They have a lube (part no. G 052 172 A1). A bit expensive but very efficient and will last a long time. Again, that’s if the sound comes from the door, can be difficult to locate in a car sometimes. In your case it seems to be the case though.

Reactions: ScoobyD00

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@ScoobyD00; Creaking doors as a result of the door seals drying seems to be fairly common with VAG cars; I’ve had it with 2 or 3 of the VW’s I’ve owned.

As @Hampa1 suggests, lubricating the seals usually cures it. A cheaper alternative to VW’s Krytox lubricant is Gummi Pflege; the effects don’t last as long, but you get a larger quantity for less money.

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Good old fashioned petroleum jelly used sparingly will probably do the same job, is readily available and will hurt your pocket less and as an added bonus will stop your doors from freezing shut in cold snaps 😉👍

ScoobyD00

Dec 19, 2022
UK
Thanks for the replies, I'll try the petroleum jelly first and then the expensive stuff it that doesn't work

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Help me understand this, the door has enough play that it physically moves in the recess???
Concentrate, here comes the science part ...😁

1/.Given enough torque the engine will overcome a chassis inherent rigidity.

2/. A chassis will flex slightly when moved, cabriolets are more inclined to flex for example and suffer from scuttle shake.

3/. If a chassis didn't flex it would crack.

4/. Rubber on rubber makes a squeaking sound.

🤓 out
👍🙂

Reactions: LetsForment

ScoobyD00

Dec 19, 2022
UK
Just a quick update incase anyone else has the same sounds.
I purchased some Gummi Pflege and put a light coating on the drivers door rubbers. The noise was still there.
Applied a second coat and was more liberal with the coating.
Problem solved no more creaks coming from what i thought was over my right shoulder!. Took some tracking down to finally work out it was the
drivers door but once the Gummi Pflege was applied , problem solved (y)

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Just a quick update incase anyone else has the same sounds.
I purchased some Gummi Pflege and put a light coating on the drivers door rubbers. The noise was still there.
Applied a second coat and was more liberal with the coating.
Problem solved no more creaks coming from what i thought was over my right shoulder!. Took some tracking down to finally work out it was the
drivers door but once the Gummi Pflege was applied , problem solved (y)
What is this Gummi Pflege like for marking clothes etc at you get in or out of the car ?
Does it stay wet or does it soak in to the seals ?

Feb 22, 2022
precautions to be taken for any vibrations; first of all you try with silicone oil or silicone grease or technical petroleum jelly to pass along the gaskets; subsequently, some measures could be applied as in the second video

1)

2)

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn