Drivers window/ central locking switches not working

Apr 24, 2020
Ok, strange one. Everything was working fine. I have removed the drivers door panel and speaker to check if my speakers will fit depth wise. I re-plugged in the window switch to send the window down and nothing, it won’t work (yes ignition was on). I tried plugging everything else back in, (mirror and central locking) thinking maybe it’s on the same circuit as something else. Still nothing. Window goes down and up if you use the key in the door so motor is working.
Have I missed something silly here or do we think I have a genuine fault?

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
I'd remove the panel and remove the plug and then make sure it's all the way in again first, just to rule out 'finger trouble.'
Is it possible to put it back in the wrong way? I know I broke half of the part you must press to pull the plug when I was replacing the door lock on mine the other day. I left enough on so it could only go back in one way though.
Have you pulled on one of the wires when you removed the plug?
Or bent one of the pins when you replaced the plug?
These are the sort of things I've managed to do in the past...

Apr 24, 2020
Ok, so I am a little embarrassed to say this but I did solve this fault shortly after creating the post. The central locking switch and the window switch have the same type of plug on the door harness... I mixed them up :banghead2