• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Feb 1, 2010
987
0
Leicester
hi i am currently looking for a pertol fr. The other half wants an auto and i want manual!

Seeing as the dsg box is a bit of both its not a bad option. Now here is the problem!

I am looking at a pre facelift and it is the gear leaver surround that bothers me. On the new ones it is silver and looks fine but on the pre facelift it is juat black plastic and kind of takes the shine off the whole fr thing!

Does anyone know if you can change this for the silver one?
Also any body had any bad experience with dsg ie repair costs. I have never had auto before so not sure about this one!

Help/advice much appreciated.

Chris
 
I had a pre-facelift FR DSG and the gearlever surround was never something I contimplated worrying about. It's a great box that's all that matters!
 
god, why recently so many questions about dsg reliability? is really gearlever surround the biggest problem with DSG you have?

i dont have any probl.ems with the box. As i have never had one. The surround is not a major issue just something i thought of changing. Take it you have dsg. Not heard of many problems with them
 
like i said in other topic, I have it and I love it. I'll only go back to manual box if there is a car I particularly like and dsg is not an option...
 
I've now got a K1 with manual the only option and I sometimes miss the DSG but generally I find the manual sick more engaging a drive.