dummy guide to doin 0-60 with vag com

Uwe@Ross-Tech

Jan 7, 2002
www.Ross-Tech.com
When is this next version available ?

Should be available as a "Beta" in a few weeks.

If we have a lap top already how much are we looking at to get set up with vag-com programme,cables etc?

$229 - $349 USD (~125 - 190 pounds) depending on the type of interface you get. See: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/interfaces.html#choose

Will there be an upgrade fee for current owners of the full version of VAGCOM?

Depends on what type of system you have. If you've got one of our KEY- or HEX- series interfaces, the update is free.

If you're using a third-party interface and an older version, you'll need to get one of our interfaces which support the current version. In that case, if you've already bought a license from us, you get full credit for cost of the license.

-Uwe-

Uwe@Ross-Tech

Jan 7, 2002
www.Ross-Tech.com
CupraSteve said:
read that thread on uk mkivs, re. accuracy, whilst still being very good, it still appears to be too wide of the mark to say your car is definitely xx fast, 0.4 secs is too much for my liking, call me picky buts thats me, i like a good old fashioned external timing system that gives you bang on results.

I do agree its better than nothing, and probably the next best thing to actual timing, but for me its not good enough to write off taking your car to be properly timed

You mean taking it a drag strip? I agree. There's no substitute for an actual time slip from a drag strip for bragging rights -- or for coming up with a "calibration factor" for the times produced by our software on your particular car.

Absolute accuracy is not the point here. You can easily see 0.3 seconds difference on two different drag strips on different days due to weather, track surface, altitude, etc. You'd also see several percent difference on different chassis dynos. The point is to get you consistent numbers from your car which you can use to judge the effectiveness of any mods you make.

-Uwe-

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members