dumpvalve bad for TDI

TDIzeeland

Hi there I was told that dumpvalves for TDI are bad infact so bad that it can cost you an engine is that true and has anybody have any experiance with dumpvalves on TDI. and if thats the case what type can I buy best.

TDIzeeland

yes I know that it only does make the sound but I like that sound so I asked a local tuner if he could order it for me but he said that it was bad for your engine that's why I asked the question if there is anyone who has a TDI with an dumpvalve but I'm not convinced that I'm going to buy a valve I realy don't wanna wreck my engine\

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Forge make some sort of whooshy device for the TDIs, so have a poke around their site.

TDIzeeland

ok well if it only makes the whoosh sound than I like it already the preformance is there and will be improved anyway but I like the sound because I had it on mij civic V-tec turbo

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I thought it was more of a PSSSSSSSSSSSSSST, than a proper whooshy noise.

Serves no purpose though, as mentioned. I think you can get blow-off valves which helps with overboost and bad spikes - but dump valves are pointless really. Its one thing I wouldn't spend a couple of hundred nicker on, that's for sure. :)

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
iv got a dump valve on my diesel :hide:

iv had it on for about 4 months,

Ive had no problems with it, only thing it does is make a woosh noise, makes it feel less diesely!!!!

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
I guess stew ur right in terms of its nothing in terms of performance on a diesel, but then when u look at the money people put into alloys, bodykits, colour coding etc etc... all really no improvement to the car at all, but only in visual terms, so a DV is just for hearing pleasure, so no different in those terms..
i dont think DV's should be frowned upon so harshly, when fitted on a diesel, end of the day is up to the owner of the car to buy it, i dont think by any means they should/would be branded stupid for having a DV on there car... its up to them!?

TDIzeeland

thanks for your suport on this mather indeed I only want the dv for the (looks) not for the improvement

sssstew

Editing your spelling
slick said:
I guess stew ur right in terms of its nothing in terms of performance on a diesel, but then when u look at the money people put into alloys, bodykits, colour coding etc etc... all really no improvement to the car at all, but only in visual terms, so a DV is just for hearing pleasure, so no different in those terms..
i dont think DV's should be frowned upon so harshly, when fitted on a diesel, end of the day is up to the owner of the car to buy it, i dont think by any means they should/would be branded stupid for having a DV on there car... its up to them!?

but the point of a dump valve in a pertol car is it serves a purpose, on a diesel it does nothing and makes it sound silly, are you trying replicate a turbo petrol? if so why, its a diesel.

You cant compare alloys etc cause they do what they say on the tin, by putting them on a car you not making it something its not?! its just a car with alloys on.

TDIzeeland

No I don't want to replicate my pertol turbo car but I just like the sound. that has nothing to do with if I want to replicate a car or not I already have the preformance petrol turbo so

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
sssstew said:
but the point of a dump valve in a pertol car is it serves a purpose, on a diesel it does nothing and makes it sound silly, are you trying replicate a turbo petrol? if so why, its a diesel.

You cant compare alloys etc cause they do what they say on the tin, by putting them on a car you not making it something its not?! its just a car with alloys on.

Hmm, sssstew well if that was right, u better tell all those guys on here with Cupra's, that have brought:

Cupra R Front bumpers or
Cupra R Alloys or
Cupra R interiors

That there making there car something thats its not...."it serves no purpose, it does nothign to your engine, why are you trying to replicate a Cupra R when it isnt..." they aint Cupra Rs but there sure look like them till u drive some of them... and all its is Alloys, Interiors and bodykits....

Oh by the way when you do the above, let me know i wanna see the replies...:lol:

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
imho stew is damn rite and that has nothing to do with alloys or makin the car look/sound like summin it isn't,,,
for me what I'd hate of a dump-valved tdi would be the fact it does nothing but sound but the guy bought it cause it's trend,,, just like the lexus lights thing,,, everyone buyin them cos they're trendy,,, no matter if they'll look utter shite,,,

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members