DVD data disks in Leon radio?

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the MK2 Leon radio will play DVD data disks for music? I.E I could load 4.7gb's of music and would it play? I have changed my headunit but want my steering wheel controls back :)

thanks,
Danny.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
:drool:

Is there no end to what the MFD3 can do.

Would be nice if it made you a cuppa before you go to work
:lol:

You need the Beverage Reheat Extension Widget for that option to work.

(I know, I know - it's the best I can come up with on a Saturday morning.....!)

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
DVD Films too :)
IMG_4967-vi.jpg

CupraLee K1

298bhp @ JKM
Oct 26, 2004
Fareham, Hampshire
Apparently No.. But i haven't actually tried driving with the DVD playing yet.

If it doesnt, then i wouldnt be surprised if you can buy a cable that allows it to play. Normally linked up via the handbrake.. i.e. handbrake on, DVD will play if off DVD wont play! :)

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Apparently No.. But i haven't actually tried driving with the DVD playing yet.

If it doesnt, then i wouldnt be surprised if you can buy a cable that allows it to play. Normally linked up via the handbrake.. i.e. handbrake on, DVD will play if off DVD wont play! :)

It's a bit more sophisticated than that it read the vehicle speed through the Can Bus -

You need something like this to enable it http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p529_TV-in-Motion----Plug---Play----VW-MFD2-RNS2-RNS-510-RNS-810.html

The MDI Media In iPod control is a good optional feature too :)

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
It's a bit more sophisticated than that it read the vehicle speed through the Can Bus -

You need something like this to enable it http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p529_TV-in-Motion----Plug---Play----VW-MFD2-RNS2-RNS-510-RNS-810.html

The MDI Media In iPod control is a good optional feature too :)

Have you tried an iPhone 3g in it, just wondered if it charges and works ok... thinking of getting the MDI especially now I can stream all the music from my home pc to the iPhone :)

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Have you tried an iPhone 3g in it, just wondered if it charges and works ok... thinking of getting the MDI especially now I can stream all the music from my home pc to the iPhone :)

Tried a Pre - 3G one and worked and charged fine, I recall the charging pin changed position on the connector on the 3G ones though, so although it would work I'm not sure about the charging :)

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Tried a Pre - 3G one and worked and charged fine, I recall the charging pin changed position on the connector on the 3G ones though, so although it would work I'm not sure about the charging :)

That's what I'm thinking, it's not just the charging either some connectors ask you to put the iPhone in airplane mode too...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.