eCall fault

jakesbrakes

Rapid old fart
Jun 23, 2010
Bexhill on sea
On my 2021 Ibiza Xcellence lux am getting warning triangle and sos indicator plus the overhead eCall showing continuous red.
But it does reset after switching engine off and then back on. The the green overhead light comes on and the sos in the instrument display no longer appears.
I understand this system works on a GPS module and has no contact with mobile phone..
Any ideas welcome.
Jake

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
eCall uses GPS and cellular networks. However I believe it should give something other than a red warning if the system is simply out of range. I know a lot of recent VW Group products have had issues with the eCall system, the ID.3 especially, where a huge chunk of the early cars have had to have the control module replaced. Some people have fixed it by removing the fuse for the eCall module and replacing it, effectively totally resetting the system, however I have no idea which one that would be on the Ibiza as mine predates eCall!

TBH I agree with @Syphon that the dealer is probably the best option! I'd get a video of what it's doing, so you can show them.

jakesbrakes

Rapid old fart
Jun 23, 2010
Bexhill on sea
eCall uses GPS and cellular networks. However I believe it should give something other than a red warning if the system is simply out of range. I know a lot of recent VW Group products have had issues with the eCall system, the ID.3 especially, where a huge chunk of the early cars have had to have the control module replaced. Some people have fixed it by removing the fuse for the eCall module and replacing it, effectively totally resetting the system, however I have no idea which one that would be on the Ibiza as mine predates eCall!

TBH I agree with @Syphon that the dealer is probably the best option! I'd get a video of what it's doing, so you can show them.
Have booked in but delay due to need of loan car. Regret disabled and need replacement car..
I just wondered if any other members had or are having problems with this so called safety device.
Jake.

jakesbrakes

Rapid old fart
Jun 23, 2010
Bexhill on sea
Been into dealers they say a system update requirement was showing on diagnosis that involved a number of changes .
Hopefully including the E_call
But soon after getting car back.. The warning came up to " seek workshop assistance"
This time the plug in told them the Bluetooth speaker had a problem
A spare part is required so I have at least a loan car till after the Bank Holiday..
I dont hold my breath as think the E-call module needs to be changed.
All will be revealed in time...
Still think i will end up rejecting car as a safety feature is the problem..

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
There have been issues with e-Call across loads of VW Group products. Apparently they have been replacing the module in a lot of cases which solves the problem.

A.k

Mar 1, 2021
had this issue last week. few days later and its gone. don't use the car often. once a week if that so might come back.

Vee

Apr 8, 2021
How did you get on? I've just picked up a new Ibiza Xcellence lux and had this pop up twice, first time it reset after turning the ignition off. The second time it's not going away, it's also preventing the infotainment system to start-up - stuck on loading user profile. Tried resets and leaving it for a few days but no luck.

jakesbrakes

Rapid old fart
Jun 23, 2010
Bexhill on sea
Having had problems with the E-call system failing and the ACC not deactivating in fact continuing on at unreduced speed and making me a shocked wreck. Reported problems to Seat UK in Milton Keynes that was after approaching the original dealer Bartletts Seat St Leonards who after checking on diagnostics and road test could find nothing wrong.. Had a loan car for the time.. Must admit the FR version has much harder suspension, so pleased to get the Xcellence Lux back .. It really is a different act. After only 5 miles the
E-call failed again.. So back to Bartletts.. Got the FR again and after 5 days and Carl driving the Xcellence Lux over a bit of mileage declared a problem with wiring into the info centre, a new terminal connection block had been fitted and a recommended system update installed. A week later and (fingers crossed) all is working as it should.. Even happy to use the ACC now and it does disconnect and the car does reduce its speed.
So am more than please to thank Mr Richard Bartlett the principal, Carl and the workshop mechs for making me a happy " 80 year Disabled Olde Fart."
John Elliott Bexhill on Sea.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Bartletts are indeed one of those rare breed of dealerships who actually A: know about the product they are selling and B: care about their customers.
We've had 2 cars from them now and both sales and aftersales sides of the business are top notch. (y)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.