EGR delete

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Depending on what year your car is it may throw up a check engine dash light due to the EGR valve been removed.
Usually pre 03 vehicles are ok, the ones produced after this will still run ok but will require the EGR valve to be mapped out to get rid of the dash light.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
One easy - well, straightforward - way of doing a near-EGR-delete is to use VCDS-Lite and turn the EGR volume down to a minimum. Not a complete delete, but it does minimise the gas through the EGR and keep it clean. I can't remember the coding sequence, but it will be on the Ross-Tech website. It does mean you need to get hold of VCDS-Lite, but that's an investment that can pay back well.

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Cheers for that Muttley, don’t have VCDS at the moment.

Perhaps I’m getting ahead of myself a bit, I’ve only just cleaned out my EGV so it’s working ok. I’ll be undoing it soon though to have a crack at cleaning my turbo with Mr Muscle so wondered about Just deleting it while it was off again.

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
My 53 ASZ tdi mapped out to remove the error code easily so yours should be ok. If you do decide to perform the complete delete give me a shout as I've got a spare.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members