Eibach lowering springs

Howard 1

Hey Chaps and Chapeses,

I have recently purchased an FR tfsi and want to lower it as it sit far too high. from a little home work i think that Eibach springs are the best option.

Couple of questions:

1, Are Eibach any good ??

2, They lower the car by 30mm (is that too low, don't want to look like a low rider??)

3, Is it worth telling insurance company ??

I have had a looked at other threads on here but couldn't get the info.

Thanks in advance

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
3. Yes. Anything visible like that I would definitely tell my insurance company about. If an assessor spots it after a write off and you haven't declared it you can wave goodbye to some, or even all of your payout. For things like remaps I know some people have kept it quiet. Personally I will declare everything.

Howard 1

Yep,

I would not be happy loosing £14'500 for the ske of a few quid.

Thanks for speedy responce

leon263

Jan 12, 2008
Eibach springs are probably the best lowering springs available so buy with confidence
Check out the photo of my Leon below. It has been lowered 40mm on JE Design springs so 30mm is certainly not too low. Probably not the best angle of a photo but you get the idea.
Finally ........... tell your ins. co. as advised already.

P5130134.jpg

leon263

Jan 12, 2008
18x8 OZ Opera colour coded split rims, et35 with 225.40.18 Dunlop SP Sports

Mogster

Apr 2, 2008
So how much do insurance companies normally add on top for replacement springs and dampers and a bit of subtle lowering (an inch or so)?

When I phoned mine a while back to tell them I'd changed the wheels on my Alfa to larger non standard ones they weren't interested, the girl said with a bored tone in her voice that that they'd only be interested if I'd put a different engine in it.

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
Eibachs are splendid and 30mm makes a difference to appearance and if anything improves the ride.
No doubt they are worth it.
IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Quite like them rims JCP, what are they?

THinking of changing my alloys on my black leon and thought maybe some black alloys with red trim would look good.

Back to post, just to re-iterate I would still tell your insurance comapny of all mods, even if they are cosmetic and not performance enhancing (well except for handling).

Springs shouldnt affect your premium I dont beleive but insist they are registered on the documents for your own piece of mind. Insurance companies are always happy taking your money but not the best when it comes to giving it back, they will look for any loop hole to justify not paying out, particularly in this current economic climate!

Post some piccies when done, I havent lowered mine yet but again another potential.

I'm saving my coins for a remap as my first mod :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Eibachs are splendid and 30mm makes a difference to appearance and if anything improves the ride.
No doubt they are worth it.
IMG_0695.jpg

Interested to know the diameter of those wheels because the car still looks quite high if it has been dropped 30mm.

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
Spot on! 17" Boss redlines. Pre Eibach photos:doh: I have not got access to the post eibach Pics but they are noticeably lower and will take some more and post tomorrow. Ride and handling fine though.

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
did look a bit on the high side, that pic. could almost pass for a sport off-roader with that clearence. Get some lowered pics on when u can, should be interesting to compare them.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.