Eibach or FK Springs on my LC??

ChrisJ

Lemon
Feb 2, 2007
APD Vag - Near Holton Heath
I have done quite a lot on my leon now, i would just like an opinion on this as i feel it will finish the car off nicely.....

I need to know which is best, Eibach or FK Springs bearing in mind i still want a nice smooth ride and only a 30mm drop.

Thanks people!:funk:

NickT

Mar 29, 2004
LB, Beds
I've had Eibachs on mine for the last 4 years and been well pleased.
Couldn't comment on the FK's but when I was doing my research for my suspension upgrade I found on the SEAT website the spec for their Leon Sport Suspension upgrade pack and it was Eibach springs with Bilstein shocks, which kind of swung it for me along with this review in the Infobase on here:

http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=6

I got the Konis as they are adjustable and seemed to be a favourite.
Like I said this was 4 years ago and things do move on but I wouldn't hesitate in choosing Eibach again.

porki

Mull Fember
Jul 26, 2007
Tunbridge Wells - Kent
i know they're not Eibach or FK but what about H&R springs, had them on my VR6 with bilstein shocks and they were great, progressive wound so that normal driving is still comfy but push on a bit and you can feel where your money's gone!

just a thought, failing those i'd have to say Eibach.

NickT

Mar 29, 2004
LB, Beds
i know they're not Eibach or FK but what about H&R springs, had them on my VR6 with bilstein shocks and they were great, progressive wound so that normal driving is still comfy but push on a bit and you can feel where your money's gone!

just a thought, failing those i'd have to say Eibach.

Yer, wouldn't rule them out either, heard good things about their springs and ARB's.

kenny-cupra

Sep 7, 2005
Renfrew
i would get wietec springs as they are made by KW , i have a few friends running these on a few type of vag rate , and they rate them better that FK and eibach

chris_m

Aug 30, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I've got the Eibach stuff on mine - much better than stock, but without at least a rear ARB i still dont think its great. I remember driving away from the garage after having mine fitted, and being a little disheartened, but maybe thats just me.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
I need springs for mines now as mines current one are badly damaged (god knows- checked by VW rescue). Not too keen on coily for now. How much are eibach springs aprox? seem quite good. so far i had Pi springs on my Golg mk4 and couldnt fault them.

chris_m

Aug 30, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Think the springs on their own can be had for about £120.

Saying that, having had one car on springs only, id never do it again - it just makes mincemeat of the already rubbish dampers

nibbles

And Impreza
heres mine

19042007042.jpg

19042007038.jpg

19042007039.jpg

19042007035.jpg

19042007034.jpg

21042007064.jpg

kernowcupra

anyone know if the gmax shocks and spring kits are any good?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members