elctric water pump location

markbrum

Jun 23, 2008
Birmingham
2002 black 210 cupra r. asbove title where is it located....is it the cyclinder type thing with connector on the top, bolted to the radiator, think mine is knackered and also have no slow speed fan, read all the info on this so im just going to order some new fans or try and souce some from a damged cupra

Last edited:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
2002 black 210 cupra r. asbove title where is it located....is it the cyclinder type thing with connector on the top, bolted to the radiator, think mine is knackered and ilso have no slow speed fan, read all the info on this so im just going to oreder some new fans or try and souce some from a damged cupra

If you search the forum there is a fix for the water pump that may be of some use. Something about bending a contact. I think you have the right location for it anyway.

Also the slow speed fans might be fixed by ordering a NIME box (search forum). Whole fan units are £400+ a Nime box is about £80.

markbrum

Jun 23, 2008
Birmingham
well i have tried the fix of slightly bending the connectors, but i have noticed my car makes a buzzing sound when turned off but not for very long think thats my pump working lol and my fans dont think there working at all ...anyone know how to test them im thinking either fans are knackered or just the fan switch just havent a clue where the switch is located at all my car never over heats always sits at 90 or a tad over say 92 never once over heated so its not a massive problem just want to sort it before the summer..cheers

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
well i have tried the fix of slightly bending the connectors, but i have noticed my car makes a buzzing sound when turned off but not for very long think thats my pump working lol and my fans dont think there working at all ...anyone know how to test them im thinking either fans are knackered or just the fan switch just havent a clue where the switch is located at all my car never over heats always sits at 90 or a tad over say 92 never once over heated so its not a massive problem just want to sort it before the summer..cheers

The water pump is supposed to work for a few minutes after switch off. If you can hear it then chances are it's working ok :)

Fans are a different issue. Here is more info:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=137571