Jun 17, 2020
I have a 2015 Seat Leon 1.2 TSI ST, It has 108,000KM on it.
So about a few months back a rattling/whining noise started coming from the engine bay, it sounded like it's from the passenger side, at first i thought it was a normal sound it wasn't too loud and also thought it could be because of the cold weather...

the noise got way louder than it was and here we are in the summer so it can't be because of the cold weather, you could hear the noise from the inside of the car when it's idling, if I push the gas pedal the to get the RPM's above 1k the noise goes away.

No faults/codes are showing on the OBD 11.
I tried locating the sound source I wasn't able too, but I think it could be coming from the timing belt area...
I'm pretty sure that it's from the left side of the engine...

Attached a video ...

Does anyone have an idea about the noise ?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020
I searched other posts about the HPFP and some suggestions that it could be the cam follower ...

Could some one please point out the location of the HPFP ??

thanks in advance :)

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
Hi Mohammed, if you look on You Tube there are lots of videos on this, it affects a lot of VW/Audi group products!

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
From the Briskoda forum, the engine here is a 1.2TSi in an Octavia
8446D2B3-5FFA-4432-87F8-8813C0682273.thumb.jpeg.e4728ee2345712148deb5d4eb8744371.jpeg

Jun 17, 2020
Thanks for the reply :)

i attached a photo, is this the HPFP (it looks very similar) ??

does it have a cam follower ??

I tried editing the post for some reason I couldn't find the edit button ...

The correct question that I should ask is :

Does it have a round cam follower or flat ??

and could the pump be failing ??

what could it be ??

I do have an OBDeleven, so is there a good way that I can diagnose the pump before taking it apart for visual inspection ??

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise