engine cover, how do i..

chris060685

Ibiza Cupra
Nov 6, 2005
dunstable
cant see any screws when i try and lift it the whole engine moves, felt round the edges and nothing! weird, or im just dumb and theres an easy solution????

gazjones

pull it upwards if its been off a few time before it will come off pretty easy but if its not been of much it will take a bit of a pull! dont be worried they are thick and pretty solid! they are sat in studs and the cover has holes made of rubber that gripp the stud!

chris060685

Ibiza Cupra
Nov 6, 2005
dunstable
cool, cheers mate ill yank it off later, reason for this is were trying to fit an air filter on it, hes only had it like a month, dont even know where the airbox is untill we get the cover off, anyone know the inlet diameter to put an air filter on? 1.2l ibiza 53 reg?

gazjones

cant remember but the filter is housed ion the cover! if you look at the back of the cover you will see it slipps into a tube into the throttle body you just atatch hose to this and have the filter on the end of the hose basically!

gazjones

:D great pretty fast i must say shocks a few people!! i went from the 1.2 to the fr and wow the difference is fantastic its now faster than the cupra but dont know what its like to the clio 182

MattMK4IC

You d have a 182 easy!!!

I pull away from my mate easily she has an 05 plate 182.

I have the same mods as you less the zorst.......thats if ur still at stage 1 map.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattMK4IC

gazjones said:
you running revo stage two?

No edited between u postin sorry mate :rolleyes:

No i runnin stage 1.

your runnin more than 220bhp surely!!!!

gazjones

i really dont know what its running they would be the minimum figures i would say cant say if feels 15 bhp better than stage 1 but other mods have been done one at a time so gradually got better will have to wait till next rr day to find out. got stage two the other week

gazjones

not done anything like that yet going to santa pod on the 3rd sept so will know my 1/4 mile time then!

MattMK4IC

You not going to E 38 then??

I d love to compare my car to yours to see the difference betweenstage 1 and 2 over the 1/4.

MattMK4IC

I love this car the best one i have had........................and i change my car alot this is the longest i have had a car for a long time..............

Edition 38 is at Overstone Park just off J15 of the M1

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.