Engine cover troubles

ashweek06

Aug 10, 2016
Ive just bought a Revo Technik air intake for my Cupra tsi 08 plate. Obviously the original filter on the car is built into the engine cover so its going to be an issue when i fit the new one. Its proving to be a bit difficult to find another engine cover that doesnt have the original built in filter system. in my opinion it looks alot better with a cover rather than just leaving it bare... ive also been told that you can modify the original cover yourself to allow for the Revo intake? any advice would be great :think::help::thumbup:

Last edited:

fester

Aug 10, 2016
Cape Town, South Africa
You need to take the stock cover and chop it up. So cut off all the bits that get in the way over the revo intake.
Two front grommet mounts should remain.

Or alternatively, buy a cover that was made. I have seen a few carbon covers around, or even steel plate covers.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
You can get away with keeping all four original mounting points if you chop the cover right.

Shaun

Aug 21, 2016
Or you could fit an audi a4 engine cover which covers all the ugly parts at the front of the engine but leaves the coils exposed. you need the brackets to mount it though, but a nice oem looking mod. just says audi on it though.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members