engine differences in cupras?

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
i hear that the design of the engines changed between the different years? are the pipes routed differently on the early ones, i.e X and Y reg's? i'm going to look at an X reg at the weekend and don't want to buy one that's not as good, quick, reliable etc. anything to worry about?

thanks

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
ok, thanks for answering that mate. it's bog standard the one i'm looking at, but i'm looking at spedning about £3,000 to get it to decent spec.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
lol i know you came from a well modded one oh six

but think you'd be quite surprised by what you can achieve with the ibiza for minimal costs. youre not another from PGAC are you? hope peugeot enthusiasts havent been filling your head with how crap 1.8Ts are

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
nope, i didn't like the PGAC! was on the rallye register alot and the GTi owners club. all i ever hear on other forums is how crap the 1.8T is, but i know pretty decent power can behad out of them. i'm looking forward to cupra ownership, smooth, comfortable, refined (i hope) :)

i've tried doing alot of research but it's pretty hard to find what i'm looking for! i'm trying to find out everything i need to do first really, before i go changing turbos and getting it mapped.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
search.gif

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
do u have a car at the moment?
because santa pod on saturday/sunday will be interesting for people watching 1.8Ts, especially Ibiza cupras

glad to hear you havent listened to some of the rubbish that comes from some of the 106 owners

i was pissing over 106 GTis at castle combe when mine was standard...lightweight but no torque at all!

nowadays...id be shocked if a 106 was able to get past me without me letting it

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
phil trust me i've trid searching but it brings up so many irrelevant topics etc!

acid - i've been looking for a while now but going to look at one tomorrow that looks really good. will buy it if it's right. i might well go down to pod actually. my 106 was 160bhp and was close with a revo'd cupra. but i still couldn't match it's torque etc, plus the cupra is a comfortable car!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.