Engine Miss Firing

FRLeon

Full Memeber
May 12, 2007
Northants
My Leon came up with a fault light and started Miss Firing so i called the AA out when he plugged his laptop in it came up with the following error

1, Exhaust pressure sensor "A" circuit range performance.

and the fact its running really bad and its misfiring and lacks power.

and body on hear had this problem if so was a simply fix for seat

silverfox

Feb 19, 2004
far far away
Visit site
Had my FR in local VW service centre for a service today and I'm getting the very same problem, emissions light coming on and off, occasionally runs a bit lumpy and diagnostic check reveals the exhaust pressure sensor range/performance error. Anyone know what it is?

Any pointers appreciated.

saintsfanno1

Jan 24, 2008
Had the same thing on mine (assuming yours is the FR TDI??)

I imagine it is something like the traditional Lambda sensor somewhere in the exhaust system, either way it took the Seat delaer less than ten minutes to replace and for the most part this was simply the time taken to get on the ramp.

Jobs a gooden now though:)

tyke666

Had exactly the same thing on my TDI FR, DPF light came on first for a few seconds, started to run lumpy and the the engine management light and limp home mode.
If I remember rightly there are 4 of 5 sensors around the DPF to monitor pressure and temperature.
This one seems to be the first to go, dealer fixed it in no time and it's been ok for the last 8k miles.

tissot

Jan 3, 2007
york
mines just gone today. going in tomorrow, they daid it may be some type on sensor fail.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.