engine mods

daveygall

hi guys , ive just bought my first seat , a 2.0 tdi leon fr and wondered if anyone has any advice about engine mods like engine chipping , are they any good? what are the best ones ? etc , hope to hear from you soon , cheers

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
May available for the Leon, don't know too much about the diesel versions to be honest.

I think lots of people have trouble with DPF on the diesels but don't quote me on that. I tend to steer clear of topics that don't affect my engine or ones I have knoweldge over.

Still having said that, you want a re-map which can be obtained amongst others from Revo or Custom Code etc.

Essential this is a reprogram of the engine management through the port and results in more bhp/torque and often better economy too,

for the 2.0 TDI you should expect to see bhp increase from 170 to 208, torque 258 to 321 or numbers close to that.

See revotechnik.com and look up your vehicle, find you local dealer, probably around 400 notes b4 VAT

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
hi guys , ive just bought my first seat , a 2.0 tdi leon fr and wondered if anyone has any advice about engine mods like engine chipping , are they any good? what are the best ones ? etc , hope to hear from you soon , cheers

Hi Mate

is it a Pre-Facelift or Facelift Leon? if your not sure then what plate is it on?

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
If it's pre-facelift, you can have the fun that Andrew and I are having with our cars. If it's the facelifted one then, i'm afraid your buggered......

only joking :lol: you can mod a CR diesel but not to the extent of the PD engine in the pre-facelift version.

daveygall

thanks guys for the advise , and again for the welcome great to be part of the seat clan , love my seat already even if it is standard but the wife ( 5 months preg ) does find it abit uncomfortable lol but suppose that means more time for me in it

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise