Engine restarts when I park (auto start-stop annoyance)

3D_Rob

Dec 20, 2019
Hampshire
2.0 TSI 190 DSG.

Basically what happens is this - I pull up to park, say in my driveway. I come to a stop, foot still held on the brake, I pull on the electric handbrake and push the stick into P. At some point during all this, the car kills the engine, which is sensible, as I've parked up. However the very next thing I do is take my foot off the brake, and as soon as I do this the engine restarts! Only for me to immediately kill it again when I turn off the ignition. This irks me every time and just seems so stupid, like the car knows it's in park, and it's not like I could pull away even if I wanted to, so why would it restart the engine?

The only way around this I've found is to turn the engine off with the ignition key before I lift my foot off the brake, which feels kinda weird and is just an extra step to remember that seems so unnecessary. Does anyone else get this? Is this just a quirk of auto start-stop that we all have to live with, or perhaps there's something wrong with my order of operations when parking the car?

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
Best solution to this just switch stop-start off completely with obd11 or similar...

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
out of curiosity, what happens if you put it in park, let the engine go off, and then pull the e-parking brake? Had two Seat DSGs (one Leon TDI and one Ibiza TSI) before (with old school handbrake) and it certainly doesn't restart the engine, until I move the shifter out of P or lift my foot off the brake.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise