Error Code P030400 P030400 Engine Cylinder 4 Misfire

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
*Moved from ibiza forum as I posted it there by mistake... Doh!*

So today at 4:45am on my 1.2 TSI SE 2014, 61,800 miles the dash board lit up saying I had start/stop error and engine management light came on. The engine was clearly running on 3 cylinders. Luckily I had only just started the car and not moved yet.

So I plugged in my obd11 and came up with these 2 errors... P030400 and p030000.

51ab1bdf0acba21429c2b6d0e92fb623.jpg
ba99d36de0a7c6b3668d3daec3beaf14.jpg

I cleared the codes and car then started ok, no errors, and drove to work.

So now waiting for the error to pop back up.....Gonna happen, just a matter of when!

Are coil packs or HT Leads easy to change?
And once changed do they have to be coded to the car. Hence does it have to be done by a dealer?
Or can I buy these from say 'Euro Car Parts' and do it myself....

Thanks in advance...

inbetweener

Jan 19, 2016
Probably just an HT lead mate. They are just a normal lead no coding or anything but sometimes difficult to remove. There is a special puller to get them off. You can get them off with pliers but be careful. Pull it off by the metal part that goes over the plug. Don't pull by the silicone lead. It will snap!!!!
Before you replace the lead check for it chaffing off the coolant pipes going to your turbo. Oh and before you even do that make sure the metal part of the plug lead is sitting securely on the plug. These often vibrate loose if not fitted right. Give it a wee chap down with a screwdriver. If you here a click, it wasn't on right. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wastedagen

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Probably just an HT lead mate. They are just a normal lead no coding or anything but sometimes difficult to remove. There is a special puller to get them off. You can get them off with pliers but be careful. Pull it off by the metal part that goes over the plug. Don't pull by the silicone lead. It will snap!!!!
Before you replace the lead check for it chaffing off the coolant pipes going to your turbo. Oh and before you even do that make sure the metal part of the plug lead is sitting securely on the plug. These often vibrate loose if not fitted right. Give it a wee chap down with a screwdriver. If you here a click, it wasn't on right. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Thank you for the info..... Cheers.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members