Estate Foam

Steve J

May 26, 2019
Hi,

Does anyone with a leon estate have this under their spare wheel? I want to check it's the right foam part for the estate rather than buying it and finding it doesn't fit under the 18" wheel correctly.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20200804_111904.jpg

Steve J

May 26, 2019
Ok thanks. Do you have a link. I have an estate as well but no spare tyre. Was looking to get a space saver.

Unfortunately not they're on ebay with a spare tyre and all the tools, but in my case I just needed the foam and no tools as I have them so I ordered it directly through a Seat dealer.

Here's an eBay listing with the foam, tools and tyre.

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
I believe the part number for just the foam is 5F9 012 109 B. This is according to the diagram here: https://seat.7zap.com/en/e/leon+leon+4/le/2015-754/0/011-11040/#1

When I got my Leon ST it only came with puncture repair kit. So I bought a genuine Seat spare wheel and built up a tool kit for about 1/3 the price of the official kit. I didn't purchase the foam in the end, it left more room for spares under the boot floor.

Reactions: Steve J

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
I had that foam with the space saver. I bought a full sized spare and downsized to 17". I bought the Skoda Octavia 3 RS insert kit for 19" 5E0093860C= £51 inc VAT as they do not do one for 17" .. only 15" and 16". This comes complete with jack etc. I could have cut this one down to fit 17" or 18" rims.. but to be honest I just stole the shortened central nut that holds the wheel in and then put the tools in a roll of cloth which meant I could fit my proper tool kit and a few more bits in there with the floor in the low position. So I have a space saver with foam insert and 19" full sized kit that I could do with moving on in Aberdeenshire..

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Absolutely, then you can drive without the speed restriction of a space saver!

It's a no brainer. You've got the space to carry a full sized wheel so why wouldn't you? I've bought spare alloys for all my cars and they have been put into use. Stick the spare on, continue as if nothing had happened. Ideal.

I think that, by law, all four-seat cars above a certain size should have the space to carry a full-sized spare. They should come with at least a space saver and inflation kits should be banned from being supplied instead of a spare.

Steve J

May 26, 2019
I ordered the part number from Seat and got the below. Not sure if it'll fit or work as I was hoping. If not I'll send it back and try to find the part with this part number but what actually looks like in the original picture.
IMG_20200810_124422.jpg

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
You'll get the full kit on eBay for about fifty earth pounds. Including all the tools.

Reactions: Damo H

Steve J

May 26, 2019
You'll get the full kit on eBay for about fifty earth pounds. Including all the tools.

Thanks it's just the foam I'm after. They've got the correct part now so just gotta send this back. Sooo frustrating though

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.