• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.

EVO mag group test

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
I was reading EVO mag this week, specifically the group test of the new CTR, Focus ST, Meganne R26, Leon FR, Astra VXR and Golf GTI. The 0-100 was quite surprising:

CTR: 17.5
Focus: 16.3
Meganne: 16.0
Leon: 17.7
VXR: 17.4
Golf: 17.9

My Cupra hits 100 in around 14.6, and its basically standard with a remap.

This afternoon on the Mway i came across a MK5 GTI Golf, i did not instigate the fun, he dropped a few gears and hurried away from me. I caught up and had to lift off as he wouldnt move out the way. This was all done at silly speeds, where i thought the Golf would easily pull away. :banned:

Has anyone else, with just a remap came across any of the other above cars and came off the better? Or are these times a bit suspect?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Site Owner
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
they're all cars way above the Mk3 in class/size/weight

and it's not all about bhp/tonne as well, gearing plays a huge part

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
i had a bit of a play with a brand new ctr the other day......side by side and neither of us could pull away from one another!!!! damn it!!!!!!!

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
i love embarrasing those breed of new hot hatch :D problem is, like the cupra, because some of those are turbo, £500 and there pushing 40-50bhp up on there standard figures, then it's a different matter and there's now ay to tell!

i came accross a stage 3 pumaspeed RS focus the other day 310bhp+ according to the driver! quick as fcuk! gave me a very hard time and had to cane the absolute b0llocks out my cupra to keep near it :eek:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise