Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
The pre-order books for the CUPRA Formentor “VZ” edition launched back in July secured with a £500 deposit.

We were told there were 100 “VZ” models coming to the UK only as a limited run. Initially details weren’t clear and we thought the 100 included the Brembo brake upgrade as free, but it was later clarified to us this was only for the first 50 ordered out of the 100 that are coming to the UK.

We can now confirm that out of the 50, under ten remain so you’d better move quickly if you want to secure the free brake upgrade, saving yourself £2,020.

The “VZ” Edition is only available in Magnetic Tech Matte.

Find out more including full...

Continue reading...

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Configuration is available on Spanish site and German site. Seems like lot of options to add even on the Edition 1 and that starts from 51000€.

For uk if it goes around 45k it would be in trouble as Merc a45 and Audi rsq3 are just about 5k more with lots more proper and a posher brand.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks Scott.

Do you know if customers will get a preview of the car before placing an actual order?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks Scott.

Do you know if customers will get a preview of the car before placing an actual order?

Hi, it's unlikely people will get to test drive before making the final order commitment (the pre-orders are refundable).

From their FAQ's

1600287664289.png

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks Scott. Even if test drive is not possible , it would be ideal to be able to see the car. When I was buying my q2 4 years ago, audi had done a launch event where one q2 was passed around at various dealerships giving potential buyers a chance to see the car. Ford had done a similar thing with their Mach E.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks Scott. Even if test drive is not possible , it would be ideal to be able to see the car. When I was buying my q2 4 years ago, audi had done a launch event where one q2 was passed around at various dealerships giving potential buyers a chance to see the car. Ford had done a similar thing with their Mach E.

Hi, I've asked for you, will let you know the response.

Thanks

Scott

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net

Hi, I've asked for you, will let you know the response.

Thanks

Scott

The team are trying to get cars to dealers but it's unlikely at this point. Hopefully in October we'll have a press car for a while so will go in depth with our review as we usually do.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks Scott. Its just the colour of the VZ edition. Need to see it in person. Hope they give an option to see the car and then order instead of order first and then hope to see your own before end of the year.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks Scott. Its just the colour of the VZ edition. Need to see it in person. Hope they give an option to see the car and then order instead of order first and then hope to see your own before end of the year.

I expect you'll likely have to miss out on the pre-order bonus for the first 50, but expect there will be some drop out when pricing is announced.

You'll however be pretty safe to order once seeing it in the flesh within the 100 allocation I'd expect.

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
How big is the Formentor? Someone posted the other day saying it's smaller than the Ateca, but I didn't think this was the case? Seems odd to me to have two relatively similar sized SUV's in the line up

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
This is the best video I found which shows them side by side and they look pretty similar in size. The only difference is Ateca is more boxy so spears a bit all and big.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks. Just thinking would it not look odd with front brembo in copper colour and rear regular brake in black?

They should have made both front and rear the same colour.

Reactions: Syphon
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.