experience

mrk

May 4, 2007
needed a new wiper stalk, went to euro car parts and was told i would have to order both wiper stalks and the whole console for a daft price. went to bedrock veedubs in motherwell who very kindly and efficiently quickly ordered me in the 1 wiper stalk that i needed for a good price, so euro car parts wernt very helpfull.

went to fit the new wiper stalk but it turned out the screws that held the airbag on had been threaded and the only way around it was to fit a new airbag and cut the old 1 off which i got linwood arnold clark to do(VW do all the work for seat in linwood)

the guy called me up and said youll need a new airbag so i said yes i new that please go order a new one. before i went to go get the car i was told that the car had no airbag on it therefore had no horn and it wouldnt be road legal and that there was no more in stock and they were on back order for 14 working days:censored: so i basically never had a car. spoke to the service manager who basically said sorry theres nothing we can do apart from put the part on express order by telling seat your car is off the road so it will come quicker. after some more arguing and still no answer to the question "why did you remove something you couldnt replace to an extent where my car wouldnt be able to be driven safley" he managed to locate 1 down in england and got it sent up via courier and i was told it would be in the next day. the next day came and i got a call saying sorry it will be tomorrow as its an explosive part so it takes 2 day. the next day came and it was the wrong airbag that was ordered so i pushed for a courtesy car. i was given a 1.9 tdi golf for free for a few days as compensation and several apologies

thats my story

Last edited:

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Its true but - Ive had nothing but trouble since buying my Ibiza. And everthings been with Arnold Clark! Terrible! - Im going to Bicketts next!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise