Extended Warranty cost

Shackattack

Apr 12, 2021
Our lease comes to an end in April, a 21 plate car, debating whether to take out a fourth year but incur MOT and extended warranty costs, or source an alternative car.

I guess the original sales were around this time, and those of you who are coming up to 3 years ownership will now be in the same situation as me.

Has anyone been given a price from Cupra as to the rough cost of a 4th years warranty?

Thanks

Shackattack

Apr 12, 2021
PS rang dealer no idea what I was talking about. Rang Customer Service, no idea what I was talking about

Cupra customer service at its best once again

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
I guess you can get warranty from any dealer
So try another one
Try cupra Northampton

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
The brochure I downloaded at the time I bought my Formentor (Feb 2022) has a Extended warranties page, £375 for the fourth year, £625 for fourth and fifth years. I assume a brochure is still available to download.

I think these prices are for purchase when you buy / lease the car, for existing owners it refers you to your Cupra Retailer, so back into the void of knowledge... I can't imagine the prices would be different, and would assume they'd try to rip you off, I mean offer you an extended warranty as you approach the three year expiry of the manufacturer warranty.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I don’t have experience of extended warranty products for Cupra or Seat but with VW, the warranty options when a car gets to three years old are either the ‘All In’ product (2 yrs warranty, 2 yrs servicing, 2 yrs roadside assistance and 2 yrs MOT cover) or a one year extended warranty. VW no longer offer a 4th and 5th year extension to the original new car factory warranty; they used to but dropped the option around 4-5 years ago now.

With the one year extended warranty, the price you pay is determined by the level of cover (All component or specific named components) and the excess chosen.

You can arrange extended warranty cover through the VWFS website for VW, Seat, Audi and Skoda brands. Not sure about Cupra though, so it might be worth checking either the VWFS website or contacting VWFS direct.

Reactions: Shackattack

Terry99

Aug 2, 2019
Silsden, West Yorkshire
I have the ‘all component cover’ extended warranty on my PFL Cupra Ateca. This is a one year policy and is from insurewithseat dot co dot uk. Cost to renew in May this year was £423. The car was 4 years old in May.

ateca-chris

Jun 7, 2021
I'm going through the same, in my post from Nov 15th.
My Cupra care package has come to an end as it's just had it's 3 year service, but when I try and find a new package the website says I still have one in place and I found out it lasts until 23rd July 2027. This is apparently because if you HAVEN'T used all your services you have until then to use them. I have emails backwards and forwards from VW finance/talkseat and others all trying to buy a package now my current one has expired. I have to actually contact them to cancel the package that has already expired before I can get a quote for a new package, even my nearest Cupra dealer can't quote me because their system keeps showing them I already have a package in place.
I don't know why it is so complicated to get a quote and try and give them some money in exchange for an aftercare package.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise